• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Drying meat

Thread starter #1

timdri1

Backer
I think it would be great to give the player the possibility to dry their meat, so the meat lasts longer. It would be cool if you can create something like a dry rack (I don't know the english word for a small shack where you dry meat) for the meat .

BOOMstyx

Backer
I think it would be great to give the player the possibility to dry their meat, so the meat lasts longer. It would be cool if you can create something like a dry rack (I don't know the english word for a small shack where you dry meat) for the meat .
something like a smokehouse it what i would call it. a place you can cure meat. or could use something like aluminum sheetings, etc. would prob need salt to make it work.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
I want to bump this thread up cause I was just thinking of it. The smoke house I built for hunting season is a small 4x4x6 plywood simple shack with single wall stove pipe underground routing to a "furnace" (old charcoal bowl cooker) that uses just the smoke to cook the meat. This would be a good way of preserving meat when you do not have genny power to your structure. The things you would need are:

5 plywood sheets
10 2x4x6 boards
2 metal hinges
1 piece of rope (for door handle/locking from other animals)
1 box of nails
1 hammer
1 screw driver (to remove the legs of the barbeque)
1 6 foot steel pipe (6" in diameter)
1 1 foot steel pipe (6" in diameter)
1 metal mesh screen

Something like this but mine is way more basic and redneck :)

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
Smokehouse1-1024x768.jpg Something like this would also work, its the most basic you can get but it works a charm. Great way to preserve your meat.