• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Earlier release than scheduled? Bad idea.

Thread starter #1

Templar

Survivor
Backer
So I heard from a friend that STN was going to get an earlier release, because some backers complained on the Discord. I just want to give my opinion on this, and hope the devs will take notice. I don't think it's a good idea to do an early release, because it interferes with the devs expectations and schedule in a very bad way. It could prompt rushing to meet this earlier release date, which will mean a lower quality game. I did not pay for a lower quality game. I paid to get a high quality game, and I expect nothing less. I have not seen a vote, so no majority or minority can be established whether or not all backers really want this.

As an example for the devs and others, I would like to quote the developers of the famous Steam zombie videogame Zombie Panic! Source, who are releasing an overhaul update with a new game engine the 8th of this month, 6 years after the last update was released.

Understandably, many of you have been eager to know when the update will release. Many of you have also been disappointed in our refrain from giving a decisive release date. We've done this to allow ourselves to focus as much as possible on ensuring a top quality update, without having to worry too much about the large string of problems that occur and delay development.
...This caused a big delay but was entirely necessary for us to be able to implement the things we wanted, as well as expand upon the game in the future.
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/zps/announcements/detail/1450581863742595158

As you can see, videogame developers require time to do their work. This goes for every videogame developer in the world, past, present and future. If you take that away from them, they can't do their work properly, and the end result is a product that did not have the chance to live up fully to its potential. Developers, you should take notice and take the privilege to actually take this time and do your job. Satisfying people early just to satisfy is of no use, and will throw all of your ideas, ambition, vision and dedication in the garbage can.

I hope that others who feel the same as I do will voice their opinions in here as well. Thank you.

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Was between Steam and the devs, nothing about backers complaining to get it early.

Yeah it's not how they wished things would go, so best we can do is stick to having their back covered :)

Thread starter #3

Templar

Survivor
Backer
Was between Steam and the devs, nothing about backers complaining to get it early.

Yeah it's not how they wished things would go, so best we can do is stick to having their back covered :)
Okay update, I have spoken to JB and Clinton in the Discord and they have told that the earlier release is the result of a misunderstanding between them and Steam. They have also said that the public release build will match their concept as they envisioned it supposedly. So glad to have acknowledged this, I will still keep this thread on here to set an example for anyone who thinks pressuring the developers is a good idea. Spoiler: It's not, and will create a crappy videogame.