• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Easier way to move loot

Thread starter #1

JoshGaarax3

Backer
So I searched for one item in this list and didn't get much other than a few titles like makeshift vehicles and I'm unsure if a post like this exists somewhere but after seeing the original video by Frankie we can see that we are able to attach trailers to our cars, add tools to the cars and also move things like crates and barrels etc but as you can already guess we cant pick up that trailer so I was wondering if things to make moving multiple large things would be added such as wheelbarrows, hand dollies, pushcarts etc.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
There was a concept video that had a wheelbarrow in it (moving a bunch of planks if I remember correctly), so I'm fairly certain those at least will be in. I also think at some point shopping carts will be interact-able as they can be used not only to transport things but could also be modified into animal traps, they probably have other uses as well.

I like the idea of dollies and pushcarts, heck even a little red wagon.

Mah search-fu:
http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/shopping-cart-and-other-wheeled-items.1152/
http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/trolley-game-asset-wip.2179/
http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/modable-shopping-cart.2670/

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
+1 to this idea... this will help those lone players a lot when moving large quantity's of supplies, it would also need a "downfall" if used overtime/if they are in bad condition like wheels buckling under weight, not all-ways going in the direction you want and squeaky wheels...

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Thread starter #5

JoshGaarax3

Backer
Perfect, they've got the concept art in so theres a good chance we'll see them as usable items. And I also like the idea of being degraded over time with use squeaky wheels would just annoy you but im not sure how it would work since these zombies appear to hate daylight :p but its a nice way to attract players to your location, hell maybe if you go down a hill you'll lose the barrow or dolly because it just rolls away or tips over spilling your goods all over the floor.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Perfect, they've got the concept art in so theres a good chance we'll see them as usable items. And I also like the idea of being degraded over time with use squeaky wheels would just annoy you but im not sure how it would work since these zombies appear to hate daylight :p but its a nice way to attract players to your location, hell maybe if you go down a hill you'll lose the barrow or dolly because it just rolls away or tips over spilling your goods all over the floor.
Don't think they hate daylight... I think they know they rot faster in the heat of the sun, who the hell told'em that thou :eek:

I also think these could be broken up into parts for vehicle mods, traps and barricades... like the metal "netting" (is that what it is?) on a shopping trolley/cart could be cut off and used over vehicle/safehouse windows... but I am going off topic there :oops:

Thread starter #7

JoshGaarax3

Backer
I like that idea, heck throw up a thread for that its a good idea I mean we can already use scraps lying around but disassembling parts for other things? not sure.