• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Embarking water with your RV

Thread starter #1

Boone

Zombie Fanatic
Backer
So in a thread I just replied to about having islands, the thought came to me that if there was a special RV or some vehicle on that island, getting it off would be tricky, from this I have researched about man made rafts from wood and bamboo shafts and is possible to make a raft for a vehicle to embark on the water.

realistically a 3-4 tonne RV probably won't last long on a wooden raft on it's own, but if that wooden raft was built with modifications, extra rope, extra glue extra slats for more room and made the surface area bigger it would cater to such a big thing, this could be placed on top of the RV and use at any point when crossing water without bridges. I know the coding for this would be bloody awful and I havnt used Unity only UDK so I don't know how the physic properties of this would work but it is a good idea and if looked into would be really appreciated!

Thanks, Ben

Moderator #2

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
I like the idea, how ever, In a zombie apocalypse I can't see myself building a make shift raft to hold 3-4 tons...

Tally Ho!

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
I like the idea, how ever, In a zombie apocalypse I can't see myself building a make shift raft to hold 3-4 tons...

Tally Ho!
don't crush our dreams! :(

Castillo

Survivor
Backer
One of these per server would be nice :D

Might be a little OP, but increasing the fuel consumption by 50%> from regular RVs might balance it a bit.
I'd definitely love to see it. But then again, how does something that uses wheels to move primarily on land use the wheels to move itself in water?

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
I'd definitely love to see it. But then again, how does something that uses wheels to move primarily on land use the wheels to move itself in water?
Magic!!!! Lol, nah there will be a jet engine or something, similar to a jet ski, but bigger and a lot more powerful.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Cool Idea...

dont try to swim across or you will be eaten by zombiesharks! :D
If the zeds don't drown that would be awesome...like the scene from Zombie Flesh Eaters where the zombie takes bites out the shark HAHA

Edit: HAHA was going to post a link to the scene.....but I wont.. and neither should anyone else. ;)