• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Emblems

Thread starter #1

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
I would like to see the ability to customize clothing. While I'm not expecting designer clothes customization I would like the ability to paint or repair clothing. Say you have a survivor clan and you want to identify one of your buddies. You could paint or knit a logo of sorts into any part of your jacket. Also running through thick woods and fighting zombies will eventually take a toll on your clothing. Being able to use a needle and thread to fix this instead of finding new clothes completely would be nice.

If possible I don't want to see stock designs for customization. It would be unique and nice if you could trace your own with your mouse pointer. It would also deter impostors trying to obtain information to a certain degree. While not solely clothing customization, I think being able to wear certain items in different ways would be nice too. For example wearing hats a certain way or bandanna's on different parts of your body to indicate group/clan identification/specific wounds. The use for wounds could play more with medical outposts/treatment, instead of discussing and wasting valuable time on the matter. Treatment could be administered quickly and effectively by simply seeing a color of bandanna on a specific limb.

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
Yes this is exactly my idea i came up with earlier on my post! Being able to say make a emblem of a clan and sow it onto your jacket or something so you know who is part of what group!

Thread starter #3

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
Yes this is exactly my idea i came up with earlier on my post! Being able to say make a emblem of a clan and sow it onto your jacket or something so you know who is part of what group!
Yeah, though I hope it isn't clan exclusive. There are some who will probably just like to add things to their clothing for aesthetic reasons. Possibly to represent how many close encounters with death they've had or something similar.

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
Yeah, though I hope it isn't clan exclusive. There are some who will probably just like to add things to their clothing for aesthetic reasons. Possibly to represent how many close encounters with death they've had or something similar.
Yes that is what I mean just complete personalization of clothing!

MrMcBobb

Backer
You could find things throughout the forest and cities to dye your clothes too. Maybe you have a white shirt but you want it to be green to match your environment or pink to match your clan? You could find/craft things to aid you in your customisation.

Again with the class aspects and leveling, maybe have a secondary skill for crafting dyes/sewing shirts etc. That way there could be someone in your gang who fixes the rips in your clan outfit so you always look clean and tidy. Having dirty, smelly, torn clothing could affect your mental health too (mental health is something I keep plugging on this game because I feel that is what sets it apart from the other "survival" games currently out/in development.)

BOOMstyx

Backer
hmmm, someone should be able to loot that clothing too. Say you need to get into a base camp for a huge guild. You might want to loot some supplies or just spy or take out their guild leader, whatever the case. Kill one of the members and put on their gear to see if you can get away with entering their base and making it back out. I know, this game isn't about pvp, but i'm not talking about going out on a spree. Hell depending on what they implement, you might not have to kill that guy at all. Just incapacitate him with whatever options we're given and then take his jacket.

Cookie

Officially Unofficial.
Backer
You could find things throughout the forest and cities to dye your clothes too. Maybe you have a white shirt but you want it to be green to match your environment or pink to match your clan? You could find/craft things to aid you in your customisation.

Again with the class aspects and leveling, maybe have a secondary skill for crafting dyes/sewing shirts etc. That way there could be someone in your gang who fixes the rips in your clan outfit so you always look clean and tidy. Having dirty, smelly, torn clothing could affect your mental health too (mental health is something I keep plugging on this game because I feel that is what sets it apart from the other "survival" games currently out/in development.)
hmmm, someone should be able to loot that clothing too. Say you need to get into a base camp for a huge guild. You might want to loot some supplies or just spy or take out their guild leader, whatever the case. Kill one of the members and put on their gear to see if you can get away with entering their base and making it back out. I know, this game isn't about pvp, but i'm not talking about going out on a spree. Hell depending on what they implement, you might not have to kill that guy at all. Just incapacitate him with whatever options we're given and then take his jacket.
Yes, and YEEEESSSSS.

Clans would also have clan tags to tell from enemy to friendly, BUT you can steal dog tags from enemies to make it look like you're in the clan >:D

Scott Rafferty

Designer.
Backer
There is a company in America that make survival bunkers out of container "pods" and plasterboard them and turn them into a functioning house.

I'd love to see these In game but so as not to make them overpowered they can be already ransacked or broken doors at the entrance.

The generator etc can all be outside as well.

Cannot find the link but I remember watching a documentary series about the company.

Will try to find more info.

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
I don't know about the whole functioning house, though survival bunkers in a whole would be cool.

Though if I'm not mistaken the ground is fixed, so they can't actually add in anything like this, I could very well be mistaken though.

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
In sorry I should have been more specific.

The house thing was just info on the TV show. The bunker could be a fixed building like every other.

Wouldn't be a craft or anything.
Oh I feel you now, yeah dude that would be so cool, should try find some pictures or something.