• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Emotes/Signs

Thread starter #1
It could be pretty cool, if you need to be stealthy and can "controle" a pack of fellow survivers with signs (here im thinking military handsigns).

Such as:
Stop. Go. Left. Right. ect ect ect.

Also it could be great if some other emotes, as in DayZ:
Hello (wave)
Surrender (Put up hands)
Taunt (i dont know - Maybe flipping them the bird)
ect ect ect.

You get the point :)

Feel free to suggest more.

Kinify

Wouldn't be cool to control you're character by doing emotions? This could be useful in being stealthy and using call outs for a advantage at night.

Examples of what i was saying.

The player could dance.

The player could wave.

The player could sit.

The could lay down for resting.

These are just a couple of ideas, be sure to add and give a opinion.

Last edited:

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
What good would dancing be? Laying down to rest is a whole other mechanic from prone stance.

I only see the very little need for maybe waving, high fiving, giving the finger, and pointing at my outside undies.

Kinify

What good would dancing be? Laying down to rest is a whole other mechanic from prone stance.

I only see the very little need for maybe waving, high fiving, giving the finger, and pointing at my outside undies.
Its just dancing, I don't see no problem with adding it. It could be for a laughing matter..

Applejaxc

Backer
...dancing isn't an emotion. Do you mean emotes?

Waving, surrendering, throwing the bird, et cetera I think are important to the genre's multiplayer, but I don't think being able to dance or high-five is really super important...

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
i agree with toast agreeing with some other person.

This is not an MMO, unless there is a perpetual master server, with node servers doing the calculations for a procedural map as players join.

Which would be silly to say the least.

Emotes, in general, would only be effective if they were built with the games core directive.

Example? ok

Say i am in my house looking out the window, and i see someone approaching, but they dont know there are zombos (yes i call them that - and zeds) around. To avoid attracting the ass-eating horde, you could signal to that person to stay put, come here, f**k you, and so on.

THAT would be useful. Not dancing.

If you want dancing stuff, go play Dance Dance Revolution.

Kinify

i agree with toast agreeing with some other person.

This is not an MMO, unless there is a perpetual master server, with node servers doing the calculations for a procedural map as players join.

Which would be silly to say the least.

Emotes, in general, would only be effective if they were built with the games core directive.

Example? ok

Say i am in my house looking out the window, and i see someone approaching, but they dont know there are zombos (yes i call them that - and zeds) around. To avoid attracting the ass-eating horde, you could signal to that person to stay put, come here, f**k you, and so on.

THAT would be useful. Not dancing.

If you want dancing stuff, go play Dance Dance Revolution.
Dancing was just as a example. Also i don't know you understood what i meant by dancing. You could use it for relaxing and doing some pretty funny things with it. I don't want it implemented but it was a example.

Applejaxc

Backer
if there is a voice chat feature in this id like to see some character responses that can be used aswell. like pointing. if you happen to stumple upon a player you could point in which direction are zombies.. et cetera.
You could just say southwest of here, 100 meters to the left, something like that.