• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Environmental/Trap Zombies.

Thread starter #1

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I was thinking of zombies that act as "traps" waiting for something when I thought of this.

Like a person who has hung themselves in a room, a person who was tied to a tree and executed or someone who got stuck under a vehicle has turned to a zed and they are "stuck" waiting for dinner to pass arms reach.

Thoughts?

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I love the idea. I also imagine zombies stuck to barbed wire fences, both already existing in the world and player made, though I suppose most of those would have gotten stuck post-zombification.

*edit* Some more ideas.
Cuffed to something (room radiator, stair railing, door knob, etc...)
In a jail cell
Inside a wrecked car (trapped because it's too stupid to get out)

Last edited:

kpmh2001

Standard Bearer for Failure
Backer
When i hear "environmental zombies i think of the flaming zombies from 7d2d.
and then i think of getting burned to death every time i get punched.
And then i think of ptsd.

But zombies that are hanged on nooses or half crushed under corpses would be really cool, it would be another thing you have to think of, and punish stupid people for shooting it with a loud gun by having the rest of the not crushed zombies charging the player, so yeah, great idea.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
When i hear "environmental zombies i think of the flaming zombies from 7d2d.
Haha when I first read the title I was thinking of drowners & water hags from Witcher 3, because I've been playing too much of it because it was on sale recently...

I think depending on the circumstances these 'trapped' zombies could cause hordes to form near them if they're making a lot of noise from constantly moving around trying to get free.

kpmh2001

Standard Bearer for Failure
Backer
maybe one could be wedged into his steering wheel permanently holding down the horn to his crumpled up car, and theres about 15 zombies trying to get into the car.

Thread starter #6

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Haha when I first read the title I was thinking of drowners
That could work... someone who tried crossing a body of water with gear on and they drown turned into a zed but still weighed down by their backpack... zeds in a car is cool too, would make you think twice about just jumping straight in
#31 Check the back seat ;)
Edited the title :) and most (maybe not the ones hanging or trapped in a car) should be an easy kill if you noticed them
#11 Use Your Foot :D and I imagine they would most definitely make a racket when they get excited too see you.

Davz Not Here

Backer
it would be fun to herd zeds into trucks and drive/park them places as a trap

WiseManNero

A fire breathn' muthertf***ing dragon
Backer
keep some live zombie heads in a pit trap and wait for shall we say...unwelcome guests to come along and find themselves in a pickle

also +1 on the trapped zombies would make for an interesting world but these potentially dangerous encounters need to be balanced a shitstorm or two is fine provided it's survivable

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
@Num47 "I think most if not all of us agree about zombies with special abilities, but some specific zombie types could be a thing... i.e the hazmat zeds in L4D2 don't burn, immobile zeds that grab you like a trap, easy to kill rotters, fat zeds that take a good few hits before a noticible effect..."

As you said here I agree. Honestly, like you said, most people agree that there shouldn't be any "Special Walkers"... BUTT
It would be nice to see the "Specific Walker types" such as:
1. Hazmat suit Walker
2. "Trap-Like Walker"
3. Normal Walker
4. Huge Walker ( or A.K.A. Fat walker. )
5. Toxic Walker ( maybe if you get too close you smell a rotten smell and possible radiation?)
6. Hanging Walker? ( similar like trap?)
7. Car Walker? ( walkers that hang out of cars and is also like a trap? )
8. Spike Walker ( maybe something like a few episodes back in TWD)
For now... that's kinda all I got. haha. ;)

Templar

Survivor
Backer
I like this idea. Also a zombie with his head hanging backwards on his back due to the flesh of his neck being torn, which swings his hanging head to the front to take a bite from his victims would be cool. :D