• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Extended Seasons on hardcore servers

Thread starter #1

Biff

Survivor
Backer
I would love to have the option to play on a server where the ' world clock ' or whatever is turned way down, making a year in game be maybe...2 months real time? winter would last 2-3 weeks in game rather than a few days. anyone else into this?

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
It's my understanding that the seasons are dynamically linked to the day/night cycle. In the Dev's latest video about the seasons there is a point stating "1 day cycle in-game is between 40-60 mins making 1 in-game year year take roughly between 12 and 15 real time days." My guess is, extending the day/night cycle would also extend the seasons cycle.

I imagine the Devs may have a variety of both PvP & PvE servers with different day/night cycle settings, and if not you can likely be able to rent your own server at some point and Bob's your uncle.

Davz Not Here

Backer
everyone who wants to know ..... look for EVERY VIDEO you can find, the next 10 days, from Roanoke, VA to Washington DC in the US ..... we are getting 30 + inches (76.2cm) in 36 hours ....

JB_

Developer
Developer

Davz Not Here

Backer
first flakes fell here around 4am ..... 6 inches on the ground right now (about an inch an hour) ..... the heavy stuff has not arrived yet ..... snow all day today and tomorrow
i don't mind being stuck at my house for 5-7 days ..... i just hope the power stays on.

Orlblazin

AlwayzBlazin!!
Backer
It would be definitely that Devs establishes a fixed length for cycle day / nuit.2 the hours IRL for 1 day INGAME.
I think that it would become of matters only if the players renting waiters had the possibility of changing parameters waiter.
I would like to know if Devs envisaged the compatibility of TRACKIR with game? If yes it would be the top.
I would like the so long night as the day, as there is not possibility of regulating brightness in order to see well, at night The possibility of seeing thanks to moonshine.
I plead you JB_ and other Devs, made us a true game for adults, I know that it is the benefit which counts first of all, but I really hope for purist's game for true patient player, and for not a vulgarity Dayz like for player of 15 years old.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I think we will see hardcore servers so this will probably be a possibility and most likely down to the server owner/admin.
Good thought thou :)

@Davz Not Here is a natural born survivor... keep on, keepin' on :D