• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Face Mask

Thread starter #1

N1nja

Vice President of Game Hunters
Backer
I'm not sure if this idea might make this game too real for some people but when I think of zombies taking over the world I think of how they would do it. I mean getting scratched by them is effective and all but what if the virus/bacteria or fungi evolved to be better equipped to infect hosts. I mean It could evolve to be an airborne disease or it could be though the transmission of fluid so that anyone who got blood on exposed body parts by bashing a zombies head in has a chance of being infected.

So i propose that there be face masks (medical type ones) in the game if this disease is one of these types. I have researched this a bit and have found a website with multiple types of face masks (not like gas masks that everyone else suggests) but not all of them are as good at stopping this disease (so you will be lucky if you find a face mask like the N95). I suggest that these be found in medical facilities as they are used commonly around the world.

And if you cant find a medical mask but still want to try and stop the disease getting to you it might be a good idea to make a makeshift mask out of a piece of cloth, duct tape (it solves any problem) and some string.

Link to the website: http://www.crosstex.com/pdfs/MaskEnomics_Poster_2012.pdf

I'm sorry if this has already been suggested (I did have a look on the forums)

Lets make this game the best it can be!

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
I love this idea! I do think someone has suggested medical masks before but I don't think they had as much detail as you do? I'm sure if we ask @Strider, @MrTotez, @Iconic_Jellyfish or @TheDwemerComrade I'm sure they can help out :)

But yes, I'd love the disease to be airborne but make it worse when entering cities or high populated areas by Zombies? If you live in the wild you'll have a smaller % chance of getting the disease.

Tally Ho!

odinfan1

shhh im hunting zombies
Backer
I'm glad I had thought about this as well i think customizable masks would be a good addition, the masks could serve as head gear it could reduce head shot damage, increase customization.