• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Ferry Boats/ Bridges

Thread starter #1

Zack Atkins

Backer
i think it would be a great idea to be able to find and fix up an old ferry boat... since the map of islands we there could only be a certain number that function people will have to work together. also there could be maybe one bridge that is still standing.

just a thought,

Thx,

Gunslinger

TheClassiness

Depends on the gap between islands. Ferries are usually only for massive rivers, and even then, they're designed to hold quite a lot of cars. Getting something so massive like this working would take so much effort it might not be worth it.

odinfan1

shhh im hunting zombies
Backer
it could defiantly be useful from a survival stand point. you could a ferry as a mobile shelter or base, also if they implement weather conditions such as flooding it would be a good thing to have.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I would like to see ferry's and especially bridges, I have taken a ferry to a island before so I think it's viable to find one. There should be a very limited amount like maybe one or two depending on the amount of island's/players(player limit) they add to the game. It seem's like a perfect clan vehicle, you can transport vehicles and a lot of players when attempting to defend or attack a location. On liveability it wouldn't be very compfortable so it would take a lot of work to make it compfortable.

I would really like to see bridges connecting some islands as well, I have found they are always pretty interesting and dangerious landmarks. Depending on the length going on foot can be a death trap and it's also really easy to spot vehicles moving on them. They are really fun conttenion points as well, it's always fun trying to get past a blockade on one end of the bridge. Similar to Unturned it would also be cool to have a broken bridge or one that is under construction leading to a Island, it would be interesting to see if some people might turn it into a shanty town like in fallout 3. It would also be really interesting to see dynamic bridges like Bascule bridges, verticle lift bridges, retractable, table and swing bridges. They would be a interesting non violent deterant to keeping people away from your base, it would also give tasks for people when they have to power/repair the mechinisms. They would have to get to the island and safely activate the bridge, they would probably make a lot of noise so once you managed to get one running it would attract attenion.

Bridges defintley need to happen so this can happen lol

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
barges are confirmed by JB just so you know ;D unless he has removed them since my last visit in the IRC