• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Firewood doesn't last long enough

Thread starter #1

FallenEmber

Backer
I prefer fire to light my house up instead of listening to the deafening generator all night. Problem is, I can spend an entire day looting firewood only for my day's work to burn out after less than half the night is gone. 30 seconds per firewood/1 minute per coal seems horribly unbalanced to me here.

If the night duration is going to stay this long for pre-alpha testing, can we please get something more along the lines of 5 minutes per firewood/10 minutes per coal pretty soon?

Wakiyan4

Backer
I am having trouble placing a campfire... After creating I try to 'use' but it won't let me. I have been looking for a way to place, I just can't find it.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I am having trouble placing a campfire... After creating I try to 'use' but it won't let me. I have been looking for a way to place, I just can't find it.
Simply drop the campfire to place on the ground, then when in the campfire UI top right you can click "Move" to then freeplace the campfire in a spot you'd more prefer... atm you can walk anywhere holding it and sprint etc, so you can place near anywhere you like aslong as there is space ofc.

And I agree with the OP too.

Phil_Arrow

Backer
agreed you should defo get more than 5 minutes of burn time when you think of the time it takes to gather the wood also in real life 10 logs would last sometime