• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Fire'y death trap of despair and bright light!

Do you want a gas trap

• Total voters

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
So @Lt Snake X and I are hard at work debating on how exactly gas in a bowl lights on fire when it falls to the ground.

He thinks it's instant igniting fuel that ignites on impact. Everyone knows the NSA has developed that.

However I think it's....

Moderator #6

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
Because logic doesn't matter ;)

Good post but like the others are saying. It seems like this would be a waste of a valuable resource, how about a gas canister? which then gets set on fire from a lighter?

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
So.... Bandit/Zed walks in door (does it knock first or just assume it can come in?) - If YES to the knock, what happens when you open the door? Does the bucket have a objectState.null(playerInteract * time * deltaTime); and that has a CHECK value attached to see if its the PLAYER character opening in the door and then an IF statement to say gameObject.gasBucketTrap(dont.FALL.ON.ME * time +- 10^2 * dayNightCycle); ?

Now, if NO, and the bandit/zed opens the door and gets slooshed with gasoline (petrol in my country), do you then have to try strafe-walk around it to try light it with the lighter? what if the lighter is like in The Forest and it doesnt strike? Maybe the lighter is out of gas? Is it a zippo? Can the lighter be thrown? If it cant be thrown, why not? Must a player yell "YippiKayYaMotherFucker" and THEN only can the lighter be thrown? If its a zippo, does it have a Harley Davidson symbol on it? Can that be traded for 10 Bic lighters?If not, why not?

Why does the bowl look like its floating? Is the door open slightly to allow it to rest on the top edge? If not open, is it suspended by magic? If yes, can magic be used to light the flame? Are there special spells that have to be said to make the bucket float? If no, why not? Can the magic words be in Russian?

These are just some questions i have on such a brilliant self-igniting-by-magic trap!

(please note: the code is just an example and should not be used in the making of this trap)

** No zebras were harmed in the making of this post.

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Because zombie fire walking is the best thing ever.

Thread starter #15

ZacharyM

Backer
I forgot to say the little blob in the bottom rights of the doorway is a lighter attached to the string that is light by the rope when pulled (and it is a zippo)