• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Flares

To have flares to contact eachother and other use

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread starter #1

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
We can use flares to signal eachother. Colors green, Yellow, Red, Black The way how I got these colors is because of the show Attack on Titan.

I do also like the other players idea of use fireworks. But those would attract alot more attention to zombies because of sound but idk. Add both

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
i was stating that they both make noise so should be same unless the firework was made to just make noise like a blackcat but with say like a mortar firework and flare they should make same sound

Scott Rafferty

Designer.
Backer
A firework is much louder and shorter than a flare.

Flares are quieter than say, a generator. Since we've seen that the generator noise attracts zombies the flare would have to aswell.

I like the idea of this and also it could be used at night if your on a vantage point and you throw one to see the zombies. The lighting from it would be amazing.

+1 from me.

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
i do think flares will be used for signaling other players if they are put in the game instead of in dayz where they are useless junk

Thread starter #12

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
i do think flares will be used for signaling other players if they are put in the game instead of in dayz where they are useless junk

Please dont talk about other games.

A firework is much louder and shorter than a flare.

Flares are quieter than say, a generator. Since we've seen that the generator noise attracts zombies the flare would have to aswell.

I like the idea of this and also it could be used at night if your on a vantage point and you throw one to see the zombies. The lighting from it would be amazing.

+1 from me.

And using the flare to the zombie would be a waist I would only use it for signaling and the colors means different things that is my opinion If you have ever watch Attack on titan?

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Dude you really have to give up on this whole "Don't talk about other games" thing. You need to read my "Think before you post" thread in the Backer hangout...like seriously...

Anyways are we talking about flares, or flare guns? Flares as a signal are useless if you aren't near them. I think both the flare and a flare gun should be in the game. A flare can be used to illuminate and a flare gun can be used to signal locations. Or just to troll zombies. I'm all for trolling zombies.

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Thread starter #16

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
Well im not like a, b, or c. but ill stop because i actually had no reason to say stop with the dayz and I understand how i may of brought down that person and I hate doing that so im sorry. @NovaSniper

Anyways I would probably only use flares if it was an emergency.

And flare guns for signalling. But the different colors mean different thing to all of us that is if there is more then one color

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
yes id prob keep it to emergency use only cause it can cause other players to know hey theres a guy over there then you got @M_Dawg and his bandit group going after you

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Hey, we're equal opportunity murderers for hire!

I like flares though. Maybe it can be used as a distraction tool for zeds too.