• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Flashlights attached to firearms both Factory attachments and Tapped/crafted

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Im pretty sure flashlight attachments will be added along with some others in a future update.

It would be nice if they added a more free-form system where you can hold any light source in one hand and a weapon in the other. What you can and can't would be limited by logic. You only have one hand to perform an action from either item. For example, you couldn't hold a gun and charge up the wind-up flashlight (well, maybe you could irl, but anyone who has taken a firearms course or actually has used a gun would know that doing such an action while holding a gun is not advisable). So, two handed weapons such as a shotgun or a rifle would not be very usable. That's where light attachments would come in handy. I've been playing the game lately, and its extremely hard at night to look for and avoid zombies when I have to switch between my light and my gun (usually the bateman since its the starting gun on most servers that have starting items). I say light source, because then you can hold any one-handed lightsource and any one-handed weapon in the other, but any action that requires a second hand for either item, would either be slower or not possible without putting the other away. There could also be a fast and fluid system for setting down a lightsource while you perform an action (such as reloading), but that way you can still have the light out (and therefor see still). For example, while you are reloading, you set your flashlight down and it stays facing the direction you were looking and once reloading is finished you can quickly pick it back up. The goal is to make setting it down and picking it back up be a faster action than putting it away, while the potential drawback being that if you need to run, you have to pick it back up or leave it behind. This could also be useful for easily leaving light sources lying around to light up an area, such as leaving a flashlight shining on something, such as a doorway, during the nightly defense. This would make having a bunch of flashlights useful.