• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Floor Board Trap

Thread starter #1

Biz

Backer
It's a simple yet effective way of slowing down or preventing any pesky scavengers from getting into your base. All you would need is a board and about ten nails. You just nail the nails into the board so that they are all facing the same way and place it down pointy side up, primarily under a window on the inside, and if anybody steps on it they now have a few nails in their foot.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I don't think it's the same idea it sounds the same due to the name, but the other idea involves a nail or a rail road spike as someone else suggested secured to a stick that's bent back so when triggered it releases and strikes around the head. This trap is just a board with a bunch of nails in it facing up. Basically one is a kinetic trap and the other is a static trap.

I like it, it's crude but effective and it wouldn't use many resources. It would be a low damage trap but you could upgrade it to make it more effective. If they add poisons or seditives it could be a way to gradually poison invading players if you place a lot of them, you could also upgrade them with zombie blood like pungie stakes. If you had a large field or forest surrounding your base you could just fill the property with these since they seem like an economical trap, they might not do a lot of damage by themselves but it adds up and it would really slow them down.

beltofruss

Mmmm... meat
Backer
I don't think it's the same idea it sounds the same due to the name, but the other idea involves a nail or a rail road spike as someone else suggested secured to a stick that's bent back so when triggered it releases and strikes around the head. This trap is just a board with a bunch of nails in it facing up. Basically one is a kinetic trap and the other is a static trap.

I like it, it's crude but effective and it wouldn't use many resources. It would be a low damage trap but you could upgrade it to make it more effective. If they add poisons or seditives it could be a way to gradually poison invading players if you place a lot of them, you could also upgrade them with zombie blood like pungie stakes. If you had a large field or forest surrounding your base you could just fill the property with these since they seem like an economical trap, they might not do a lot of damage by themselves but it adds up and it would really slow them down.
While it would be low damage, if you have a half decent pair of shoes it would be no damage!

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I have stepped on nails before with good shoes and they can pierce them, I had on work boots and I was lucky I didn't step down all the way but I had to sit down and pull the thing out and it was a thick insulated boot for working in the cold. It would depend on the size of the nail but they do have the potienal to go through the sole into your foot.The boot helped alot of course if I had been wearing sneakers or similar shoes it would have probably gone right into my foot. Like I said b4 though it wouldn't do a lot of damage the worst part about stepping on nails is that if they're rusty they can be a breeding ground for the bacteria that causes tetanus.

These are like the boots I used when working in a freezer/warehouse.
http://www.refrigiwear.com/ProductI...4f1d-9331-2c7a2d9bb013/images/120CS_brown.jpg
The nail I stepped on was from a broken pallet.
http://themancaveblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Pallet.jpg

Thread starter #6

Biz

Backer
Exactly, it's cheap, and, though irritating more than anything, if they do add poison or allow you to collect the infected blood the trap could be a nice way to quickly protect your main base or even a temporary camp.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah I would place them all over the place, besides being cheap they would also be good for leading. If you are unsure that someone will walk into your trap you place these in a couple areas around it so that the most desireble direction would be in the path of a deadly trap.

lol you would have to be careful with placing too many of them or this could happen.

Thread starter #8

Biz

Backer
Not gonna lie, that will probably be me.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
lol with the shear amount of traps I plan to use and want in game I can't say it wont happen to me either. I would definitley need to draw a map to find a safe path through my traps lol.

Just had a idea for a trap involving your Floor Board Trap, it's basically a DIY Spike Strip.

Spike Strip

Part's
8x Floor Board Trap's
14x Eye Screw's http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/parts/lag_eye_screw_c.jpg
6x Chain link's or Carabiner's http://onestop-key-rings.co.uk/images/red-carabiner.jpg

Tool's
Drill
(Blowtorch, if chain links are used)
(Bolt Cutter's,if chain links are used)

The trap would consist of several of your floor board trap's with holes drilled into both ends of the boards except for one end of the first and last board. Eye screws would be screwed into the holes and secured together with either carabiner's if they are availble if not you would need to dismantle a chain with a bolt cutter. The links would be used to connect the eye screws in each board to allow free movement of the trap, the chain links would then be reinforced by soldering them back together with a blowtorch. You could drop this trap on roads leading towards your base or at the entrance to your compound like the main entrance to the industrial compound in the pre alpha video's. It wouldn't be very durable after being repeatedly run over but it should last for a few uses and would be cheap to make and pretty light so it would be easy to move around.

Thread starter #10

Biz

Backer
That's actually a really good idea, I never thought of using them like that.......... Well played and remind me to never go near your base I can tell it's going to be a very scary place.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Tetanus shot's would be pretty valuable ingame since there will probably be a lot of trap's with rusty blades or spikes of some sort. You wouldn't want to get lockjaw in the zombie apocalypse it would really screw up your aim and breathing and could lead to your death if left unattended. Doing some reading keeping a high calorie diet also helps but the main problem is keeping your airway from becoming obstructed. This could actually be fixed by obtaining snake venom and watering it down, the paralytic properties if lessened to a safe degree would counteract the stiffening of any throat muscles.