• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Fog

Thread starter #1

Danielinnv

Survivor
Backer
I noticed that there are lots of things that spawn in front of you like zombies and object, but what if you couldnt see those misshaps? This is just a simple idea for a temporary fix for the immersion and hiding some of those pre alpha bugs. What im suggesting is there can maybe be a fog in larger towns that is a slight obstruction of the view of zombies spawning and object appearing, may also help some of those lag spikes. I feel like the lighting and immersion of the game is its absoloute best at night time when you have a fire and cant see anything around you except dancing shadows. So by adding a fog then more of that immersion can stick allowing the game a more complete apocolypse look. This was just a simple idea I thought of so i didnt go into great detail, but you get the point.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Kudos for making the suggestion. I think it needs to be done in the right way, for example you'd more likely find fog near the ocean or in elevated areas such as tops of mountains perhaps swampy areas. A dedicated server option could be added to allow whole map fog?

I could certainly see fog fitting on a dark and silent night that would add alot to the games atmosphere and immersion.

Thread starter #3

Danielinnv

Survivor
Backer
Kudos for making the suggestion. I think it needs to be done in the right way, for example you'd more likely find fog near the ocean or in elevated areas such as tops of mountains perhaps swampy areas. A dedicated server option could be added to allow whole map fog?

I could certainly see fog fitting on a dark and silent night that would add alot to the games atmosphere and immersion.
Yeah, if the fog was done properly then it would probabbly be really great