• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Should we have Taco Trucks in the game?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
This vehicle may not be combat worthy to drive however it does have a few components. A grill and oven to cook your food. Also being able to store items in cabinets. Think of it as a trading type of vehicle for a trade caravans. The door flaps can be fortified for cover whenever s**t goes down or a better way to trade (making it safe).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gauloises30

Chasseur de zombies émérite
Backer
It's a good idea, if you play with friends, one take the caravane and one other take this and you got a mobile kitchen for the team...

VenomB

Hype Train Conductor
Backer
This would work well not just as a mobile kitchen, but an easy to defend mobile base. Just think about it as a defense stand point. You park the closed side to a wall or cliff and that leaves only one direction for you to need to defend and worry about. There is ample cover, as well. You have three escape points (or two, depending on the vehicle). One being the rear exit, another being the side window, and the third being a door between the cabin and the rear (the one that may not exist).

A cool feature would be turning it into a mobile bomb. Here is a possible scenario:

The grill would probably be gas (propane, bwaaah). You have a timed/remote explosive. Let the propane leak, and let it sit for a moment. Begin driving at a fortified base that is occupied by bandits or those you wish to cause harm to, all the while leaving the explosive in the back. Upon impact or proximity, you blow the explosive or wait for the timer, and you just made yourself a large mobile bomb to use against your foes.

There is a lot of potential, especially with the item-based system that is being used in the game.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
I love it Dual purpose for support or just wanting to drive up and f@ck some people up

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
this would be nice to use as a trade caravan truck.

who wouldn't want to drive around handing out free ice cream to all the people who have survived the apocalypse. further more you have a truck with a cooler and loads of storage space, but driving around in a bright truck tends to draw the eye....

TheClassiness

Not the most ideal survival vehicle, but to be fair you could put it in your base as a sort of "mobile fridge." Lets just hope you can toggle the little jingle it makes, or you're screwed. Could also be used as a bait vehicle to draw zombies out of buildings and such.

TheClassiness

It would be interesting to make a little trading caravan out of it. You could cook food for anyone you come across, and they could give you something in exchange. Essentially a little mobile cafeteria.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Posted the idea myself...didn't see this thread *shoots self in foot*..
Reasons I like are it can be used to distract zeds, mount a weapon in the side window/hatch or use it as a makeshift ambulance with a funky siren instead of the old nee nar :D

DavidTheMeow

I am the God of Dogs
Backer
I was browsing the Vehicle Suggestions and I am surprised to see that no one suggested a Taco Truck.

I was thinking a Taco Truck because you can open up the window, the one you would usually serve tacos through, when you are being chased by a person in an other car when they are next to you.

I also think that the first time a person goes inside of it there will be food inside of it.

The bad part of having a taco truck is that I will have little space. If you wanted a vehicle base, a taco truck would probably not be helpful.

This is my first thread, please correct me if I made any mistakes and please say what I could do better.

Attachments

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Formal introduction:
Welcome to the forum bud, have a nice time here...
Back to thread :D

I like this... done a search to re-enforce the fact I could not find anything myself too... kudos bud.

This is a cool one, not only has it got the window/counter at the side which I imagine that people would trade all sorts via one of these, not just food... but if not refurbished and kept in the original state then I imagine this could be one of the most valuable vehicles with it having lots of food storage aswell as the correct cooking equipment... it would also raise moral and get you on the good side with groups both good & bad if you traveled too them with fresh cooked food.

Lots of things can be done with this... +1

DavidTheMeow

I am the God of Dogs
Backer
Formal introduction:
Welcome to the forum bud, have a nice time here...
Back to thread :D

I like this... done a search to re-enforce the fact I could not find anything myself too... kudos bud.

This is a cool one, not only has it got the window/counter at the side which I imagine that people would trade all sorts via one of these, not just food... but if not refurbished and kept in the original state then I imagine this could be one of the most valuable vehicles with it having lots of food storage aswell as the correct cooking equipment... it would also raise moral and get you on the good side with groups both good & bad if you traveled too them with fresh cooked food.

Lots of things can be done with this... +1
Thank you for likeing it and thanks for the feedback.

georgevivian17

vivdawg
Backer
I've been reading some of the content on this page, and what about a burger/taco van or trailer? Or even an icecream van!

This idea could be deveoped more as you could begin to start your own shops, IE drive around killing animals and be a sort of mobile butcher?

food trailer.jpg food van.jpg ice cream.jpg

Last edited:

lovebus

Backer
people might say that this is functionally too similar to the RV, but i would like to point out that the taco truck lacks a bed and a radio. The taco truck could be seen as a lower tier variant of the RV.