• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Footsteps

Thread starter #1

Dominance

Backer
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I thought it would be cool if different characters had different footsteps. If someone is coming, you might know if it is your friend or not.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I imagine this would depend on the footwear/having none... but no way to guess friend/foe that's somekind of super power :p

Thread starter #3

Dominance

Backer
I imagine this would depend on the footwear/having none... but no way to guess friend/foe that's somekind of super power :p
Well, i mean like if they are wearing the same shoes, and they are coming close, different characters might have slight variation in the way they walk or the sound of their walking. If you can memorize your friends it would be easier to tell them apart.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Well, i mean like if they are wearing the same shoes, and they are coming close, different characters might have slight variation in the way they walk or the sound of their walking. If you can memorize your friends it would be easier to tell them apart.
I get it... I guess you could tell the difference if they are limping from an injury or between a zombie shuffle and a person walking...

I don't mind the idea of individuality in a persons stride when walking but that is some complicated work, tons of individual animations in posture when walking/running not just for an onlooker to get the effect but also the FPS camera view would need all these... might be highly improbable just for the final effect you get... but what do I know... I am just guessing :)...

So I am with you that it's a cool idea, but not sure how possible it is or if all the work is worth it :(

*fingers crossed for the possible*

Thread starter #5

Dominance

Backer
I get it... I guess you could tell the difference if they are limping from an injury or between a zombie shuffle and a person walking...

I don't mind the idea of individuality in a persons stride when walking but that is some complicated work, tons of individual animations in posture when walking/running not just for an onlooker to get the effect but also the FPS camera view would need all these... might be highly improbable just for the final effect you get... but what do I know... I am just guessing :)...

So I am with you that it's a cool idea, but not sure how possible it is or if all the work is worth it :(

*fingers crossed for the possible*
I understand, after all, it is just an idea. We'll just have to see if it's possible

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
I understand, after all, it is just an idea. We'll just have to see if it's possible
I am all for different variations of footsteps depending on a physical ailment or footwear...
It's definitely possible, just how much you wanna run with it... so I can +1 to a degree :)

Huginn

Remeber that limping could influent walkin/running speed and in the long run hurt your back ( influents the weight you can carry and staminar)