• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

For The Ghille Fans

Thread starter #1

Hawki

Breaking games Is alot of fun
Backer
I was just thinking of a sniper lieing down on the floor they are really easy to see in alot of games with there player shadow glowing around them but if they could craft an item out of say a bed sheet or some netting and some leaves to create a throw over which when they lie down they put this covering over themselves like a blanket so they blend into the surroundings or even a camouflaged hut that they could sit in , I know this would likely be an end game item and ALOT of people would hate this idea but the side effects of this would be that players cannot quickly pick up the sheet and move off there is a 4 second animation trapping them within the sheet before they can move off and also the scope will glint every so often showing potential counter snipers there position. As I said earlier this item would be towards the end of development.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Ghille Suits is a thing to decide on IMO, They are good and useful but I can't imagine their place or uses in a zombie apocalypse, its a specialized set of equipment made for a certain use. I don't know, I just would not like to see it being abused but saying that in an alternate reality where walking corpses are real, people would do/use all sorts of things...(I digress abit sorry).

The option would be good I guess.

Thread starter #3

Hawki

Backer
Ahh but if they are being used for the right reason such as if the zombies are more based off sound and visual basis' then a guy in a normal set of clothing creeping round a town hiding in long grass at roaming zombies they are more likely to be seen but if they had this blanket they could hide under from a horde then that would help alot i just put it to aim towards the snipers but it would be multi purpose

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Ahh but if they are being used for the right reason such as if the zombies are more based off sound and visual basis' then a guy in a normal set of clothing creeping round a town hiding in long grass at roaming zombies they are more likely to be seen but if they had this blanket they could hide under from a horde then that would help alot i just put it to aim towards the snipers but it would be multi purpose
That's what I meant, getting them to be used for more imaginative purpose's than just sitting waiting for players to kill. :D

Thread starter #5

Hawki

Backer
Yea because of inspiration from games like DayZ where people sit on a hill and pick off alot of people, now that i think about it the initial idea was bad but in terms of an average joe player who just wants to "Survive" he would use it properly to isolate himself from a horde

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Or even to hide a small vehicle i.e motorcycle or guns :p

I like this more if you add a camouflage net too the idea.

Edit: I'll have to watch an earlier concept video to see if they had what I am thinking about...

Last edited:
Thread starter #7

Hawki

Backer
yea hiding in a vehicle would be great because then the horde could surround the car, Id love the car boot to be a thing so you put guns in the actual boot of the car rather than an inventory system

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
yea hiding in a vehicle would be great because then the horde could surround the car, Id love the car boot to be a thing so you put guns in the actual boot of the car rather than an inventory system
Hehe that's another separate suggestion you have there for gameplay....;)

Thread starter #9

Hawki

Backer
My mind opens up a new world when I think about zombie apocalypses haha

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
I know that in a video, there was a lockable crate that you could place and remove from the back of a truck, but also just placing single items in is good...make that a suggestion (unless you can, I don't know about that).

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Thread starter #12

Hawki

Backer
Haha ! I have opened a new suggestion up in the cars section