• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Friendship System

Thread starter #1

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
I was thinking that relationships would benefit groups of survivors, like being in a group of people you trust vs. a group of strangers
Maybe the mental health would get better spending time together with your group, but loose plenty of mental health if any of them dies

Maybe even families or just friendships would be good for survivors that want to settle down in a town or camp

Its a bit farfetched but it would create a more realistic gameplay and people would take more care of each others

JB_

Developer
Developer
I like the ideas of your mental health getting a buff when you're with others. It's something we do plan on including as we really want the game to feel team based like a cooperative game. You really would/should benefit by helping others.

Thread starter #3

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
I think you should also get a debuff when people die around you, like shiver or shock?
But it should be optional to be in a group or not

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
I like the ideas of your mental health getting a buff when you're with others. It's something we do plan on including as we really want the game to feel team based like a cooperative game. You really would/should benefit by helping others.
i like the idea too but i dont think solo players should be pushed to do co op so make the buff nice but not something you gotta have

Aredhel

Tuturuuuu~
Backer
WOW! I love this idea, the problem is that someone who has a relationship with me will be all day depressed, I only die in this kind of game xDD (Call me bambi)

Hasnovsky

Human (yet)
Backer
I think that is better like JB_ says. If you play with bambi players like @Aredhel (sorry darling, you will play alone :D) as relationship, you will have more negative buff than if you put it like friend, so I won't use it.
Thundermore, this will help to coop with unknown players.

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
Very interesting idea!

Thread starter #8

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
WOW! I love this idea, the problem is that someone who has a relationship with me will be all day depressed, I only die in this kind of game xDD (Call me bambi)
Thats why we have BRS ready when the game is released ;)

I think that is better like JB_ says. If you play with bambi players like @Aredhel (sorry darling, you will play alone :D) as relationship, you will have more negative buff than if you put it like friend, so I won't use it.
Thundermore, this will help to coop with unknown players.
That's why i think it should be optional to be in a group or not, to get the benifit or not
Bambies dies, we know, but they'll learn from experience and start watching eachothers like a team, banding together to survive

The better you get at the game, the better you can survive on your own

Shrykull

Carpe Noctem
Backer
This sounds awesome, I think the higher the level of player your with the highr the buff/boost should be. If you met up and made friends with someone who could shoot dead eye, live off the land and fight close up with zombies you would probably feel alot better about your situation.

JB_

Developer
Developer
This sounds awesome, I think the higher the level of player your with the highr the buff/boost should be. If you met up and made friends with someone who could shoot dead eye, live off the land and fight close up with zombies you would probably feel alot better about your situation.
This sounds like a very interesting mechanic, something we'll look into.

Thread starter #13

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
it might not count as much, but that was a great idea

but what kind of buffs/benefits? and what would happen if they were together with raiders/bandits?

Shrykull

Carpe Noctem
Backer
I could also see this having an effect on mental status when it comes to killing other players. If your with a group of people and you end up killing someone maybe being with friends lessens the blow on your mental status
it might not count as much, but that was a great idea

but what kind of buffs/benefits? and what would happen if they were together with raiders/bandits?
I was thinking strictly a mental health boost. I guess it depends on how the mental health system works. I figure your characters mental stability would increase because youre with someone who is more skilled than you are at surviving and so with them your odds of living are better. I was wondering about bandits as well, I was thinking that if your in a group and you kill someone, it could be because you needed the supplies for the survival of your group, so maybe have a smaller penalty but it effects everyone in the group because you all share responsibility for your groups actions.

paLepaLe

Backer
What if ur a bunch of guys, and u get started.
Then u bandit a bit, and get some "mental problems", like described in the game discribtion.
So my idea is, if u mark ur friends ingame, then ur character feels better.
But dont think i would be that easy!
Ur character and ur friends need to be connected, not simply by playing together!
Here is an example.

U get in a shootout, and u get wounded.
Ur friend comes and bandages ur heals you or whatever. (+2 friendship points)

U are hungry or thursty, ur friend gives u food or drink. (+1 friendship point)

So to make it a bit safe, and ppl cant abuse it... u do it with a time limit. Person A and Person B can collect friendship points only every 12 hours.

What would the results be of friendship points?
In my mind, if ur with a good ingame friend, lets say (200 points) u wont have any mental probelms if he is near u within (housenumber) 300 meters.
If he leaves, and u a pretty badassbandit, u get mental problems.

This could be expendable, like u craft faster if a friend is near, u move faster, u dont get hungry as fast, and so on and so on.

I hope u get my idea :)

Plz excuse my bad english, as its not my native language!

MfG paLepaLe

Last edited by a moderator:

bobowe

A++
Backer
I like the idea,
would be a great way to keep playing with the same people and stick together. Not that people won't stick together, but would be a reason not to go rogue and kill your group;)

Thumbs up for you:)

Thread starter #17

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
I could also see this having an effect on mental status when it comes to killing other players. If your with a group of people and you end up killing someone maybe being with friends lessens the blow on your mental status

I was thinking strictly a mental health boost. I guess it depends on how the mental health system works. I figure your characters mental stability would increase because youre with someone who is more skilled than you are at surviving and so with them your odds of living are better. I was wondering about bandits as well, I was thinking that if your in a group and you kill someone, it could be because you needed the supplies for the survival of your group, so maybe have a smaller penalty but it effects everyone in the group because you all share responsibility for your groups actions.
but how would the system know the difference between cold blood murder and survivel? they are the same no matter what it is..

and i don't think you should get less mental health when killing in a group, neither spread it out evenly to each member.. it could mess up a team, if they take in a outsider that just kills..
but then again, they could unteam him or something, but still...

Shrykull

Carpe Noctem
Backer
but how would the system know the difference between cold blood murder and survivel? they are the same no matter what it is..

and i don't think you should get less mental health when killing in a group, neither spread it out evenly to each member.. it could mess up a team, if they take in a outsider that just kills..
but then again, they could unteam him or something, but still...
If you killed them for survival or not it would still have an impact on your character but if you were with other people it would impact everyone and they would probably either share the burden or at least provide consolation of some sort. Or if you have a person in your group that just murders everyone out of cold blood, how could you sanely not suspect they might do the same to you? Either way I think when it comes to killing it would not just impact that one person, but everyone in the group.

paLepaLe

Backer
So i got a little bit of an idea to expand this idea.

What if there are some ppl u cant kill, like everybody has in games like this.
And this player, or those ppl are a serious danger for you, and killed u many times ( like base raids)

If those ppl are near u, u get more mental problems(just to act more carefully), like in real life.
If somebody is near u, who u dont like, u act different, or dont feel good.
So here is the idea.

Player A killed Player B 5 times a week. 20 times in total. or 50 times on this server.
Player B gets "mental problems" if player A is near him, lets say he is in a range of ( housenumber) 300 meters
(shooting distance with a sniper rifle).
Player A doenst get anything, no positive or negative alert, if Player B is nearby.
This would make serious camping/rading a little harder, then in other games.

How did i get to this idea?
Of Dayz with the zombie spawn range!
U watch a village, (distance to village 400 meters, zombies spawn on 250 meters, u know player) and u get a little hint, DONT GO THERE THERE ARE PLAYERS.

Hope i can interest u dear backer or devolopers for this idea, because this would make the game slightly more intense/professionel/easier(for the victims)/harder(for the bad guys) and just geiler ;)

MfG paLepaLe