• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Full body awareness. Essential for BEST immersion. Also...guns/modeling needs work.

Thread starter #1

phipple

The title says it all, I think Survive the Nights should have full body awareness. It surprises me that even with modern games, full body awareness is missing.

Also, I've noticed that the human models and animations aren't the greatest. The hand on the shotgun and rifle model looks... odd, and the animation is weird. I understand you most likely don't have professional modelers, but it makes a difference. Hire one if you can!

Moderator #2

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
This is very pre-pre Alpha bud, they have a long, long way to go, and a ton of work to do, so judging things on what you've seen so far isn't really fair. PLUS, if the game plays really well, some of the modeling and animations shouldn't mean dick anyways IMO.

Thread starter #3

phipple

This is very pre-pre Alpha bud, they have a long, long way to go, and a ton of work to do, so judging things on what you've seen so far isn't really fair. PLUS, if the game plays really well, some of the modeling and animations shouldn't mean dick anyways IMO.
Yeah, gameplay is paramount, bud. But while you're apologizing and claiming things are placeholder because it's "pre-pre-alpha" you're ignoring what normal game development looks like. They've built a world by hand it seems, unless it's procedural, which I don't think it is. They're not just going to remodel and re-skin everything without the proper team. I'm giving constructive criticism here.

Look at The Forest. The animations, models, etc looked amazing on video before they even put out the alpha. I bought it and and it looks just as amazing as the videos teased.

Moderator #4

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I also own the Forest, it has decent looking graphics, but the gameplay is absolute s**t IMO... Project Zomboid, which has what most would call outdated graphics, is superior to any other game in the survival genre IMO. The Forest was released waaaay to early, and I still consider it basically unplayable, and many of my friends also agreed that they didn't think the game looked as pretty as the trailer footage. All I am saying is, we don't know what these guys are doing or plan on doing with a lot of the game. Constructive criticism is absolutely good, but we haven't even seen any amount of gameplay to really say 'work on this' or 'work on that'... I am sure they are using some of the Unity engine's stock stuff, none of the videos we have seen yet are even Alpha, or even pre-alpha videos really... simply concept videos. I wasn't trying to bust your balls, or say you were wrong, I am just giving a little different perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Applejaxc

Backer
Can you please explain what your idea of full body awareness is? To some people that means looking down = seeing your chest and legs, to some people that's a notification for stand/crouch/prone mode.

Thread starter #7

phipple

Full-body awareness is just being able to see your body instead of feeling like a disembodied floating head. Also somewhat related, I like the mechanic in Day Z/Arma where you can run forward and look around with just your head. It's way more realistic and fluid.

Zacalog

Yeah, gameplay is paramount, bud. But while you're apologizing and claiming things are placeholder because it's "pre-pre-alpha" you're ignoring what normal game development looks like. They've built a world by hand it seems, unless it's procedural, which I don't think it is. They're not just going to remodel and re-skin everything without the proper team. I'm giving constructive criticism here.

Look at The Forest. The animations, models, etc looked amazing on video before they even put out the alpha. I bought it and and it looks just as amazing as the videos teased.
Lol... I've fallen through the ground countless times in that game. Don't really recall them teasing that in the videos.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
On the full body awareness I would really like to see that in game, the few 1st person games that I have played with a good degree of bodily awareness I really took notice. On the graphics I don't care as much I like the graphics I have seen so far and I can wait for improvements.

@JB_ Should know the answer :)

Anyways. All depends on how Unity handles this. And how restricted the engine is in rendering player agents... (Haven't worked in it so i can't tell)
Most likely it will not be Arma-type immersive fpp with independent head and body. Or maybe... Who knows ;)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
@JB_ Should know the answer :)

Anyways. All depends on how Unity handles this. And how restricted the engine is in rendering player agents... (Haven't worked in it so i can't tell)
Most likely it will not be Arma-type immersive fpp with independent head and body. Or maybe... Who knows ;)
If not inedpendent head and body, hopefully we can still see the your legs like dead island, halo etc

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
You'd think it would be a First-person view law to do something like that, always bums me out trying to look at my sexy orc legs in skyrim with no prevail...

You'd think it would be a First-person view law to do something like that, always bums me out trying to look at my sexy orc legs in skyrim with no prevail...
There are no legs in First View in Skyrim? Damn... Haven't played a while...
Ant in topic: In most games, rendering agents body is useless and avoided. For performance. Or just because dev is lazy ;D

EDIT:
/me is instaling Skyrim :3

Last edited: