• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Future Idea's/VR

Thread starter #1

GhostParadise

G.P Army
Backer
So i have a oculus rift dk2 and are you guys going to add support for the oculus rift cv1 or dk2 going forward? :)

Jayty

Developer
Developer
It's definitely possible that we will! It's something we would love to do but admittedly isn't really high on our priorities since the game's foundation needs to be solid first and foremost.

Looking to the long term though I would say that somewhere down the line there will be VR support for STN.

Thread starter #4

GhostParadise

G.P Army
Backer
amazing!! btw love the work you guys put into the game! ive been watching the game for awhile and im looking forward to the stress test! :D

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
I am not sure what all the rage is about the VR things. Aren't the images grainy and looks like you are watching a TV in poltergeist lol.

Thread starter #6

GhostParadise

G.P Army
Backer
XD have you ever tryed a VR headset like the Oculus RiftCV1 if not i would not comment lol ive tryd the CV1 to answer your question no it does not look like ur looking at a TV screen

(CV1)---->it covers ur preferal vison the quality is getting better they have a two 2160×1200 (4K) PER EYE both running at 90Hz (FPS)
The recomended reqiurements are
  • NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater
  • Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
  • 8GB+ RAM
  • Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
  • 2x USB 3.0 ports
  • Windows 7 SP1 or newer]
the lenses are not ur tipical lenses they are not circular the have a diffrent shape almost like oval shape so they dont give you the screen door effect (all that much)

if you tryed it you would understand just a tip (dont knock it till you try it)

ps. if this comes off as yelling at you or mocking you IM NOT so dont take this the wrong way im just trying to explain the facts sorry if you take it the wrong way but im not mocking you im just laying the facts out like i stated i have a dk2 but ive tryd the CV1 the CV1 is by far better than the dk2 the dk2 has a 1920x1080p screen but not with the oval shaped lenses(SO the screen door effect is there but you can look past it just like a real screen door) and it does not have 360 degree positinal tracking the DK2 is just for devs the CV1 is for Consumers not just devs

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
XD have you ever tryed a VR headset like the Oculus RiftCV1 if not i would not comment lol ive tryd the CV1 to answer your question no it does not look like ur looking at a TV screen

(CV1)---->it covers ur preferal vison the quality is getting better they have a two 2160×1200 (4K) PER EYE both running at 90Hz (FPS)
The recomended reqiurements are
  • NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater
  • Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
  • 8GB+ RAM
  • Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
  • 2x USB 3.0 ports
  • Windows 7 SP1 or newer]
the lenses are not ur tipical lenses they are not circular the have a diffrent shape almost like oval shape so they dont give you the screen door effect (all that much)

if you tryed it you would understand just a tip (dont knock it till you try it)

ps. if this comes off as yelling at you or mocking you IM NOT so dont take this the wrong way im just trying to explain the facts sorry if you take it the wrong way but im not mocking you im just laying the facts out like i stated i have a dk2 but ive tryd the CV1 the CV1 is by far better than the dk2 the dk2 has a 1920x1080p screen but not with the oval shaped lenses(SO the screen door effect is there but you can look past it just like a real screen door) and it does not have 360 degree positinal tracking the DK2 is just for devs the CV1 is for Consumers not just devs
Is all good man I can read the difference between snarky, sarcastic and asking/stating facts :)

The only thing I have to base my experience on is the game plays of that alien game where you have to sneak by it and it looks like the poltergeist TV:

:)

Thread starter #8

GhostParadise

G.P Army
Backer
well the dk2 and dk1 both have a software that splits the actuall screen size so 1080p isent what ur geting BUT the CV1 has two screens both 4K so the dk2 and dk1 do not compare to the CV1..........so put it simply dk2 has one screen in landsacpe mode this new CV1 has two screens in portrait mode both 4k

the dk2 isent actully 1080p due to the fact ur spliting the screen up therefore it has less pixles XD

so yes the dk2 ur not getting the full 1080p cuz both ur eyes are using 1 screen
the CV1 ur getting both eye 4k
idk if it makes anysense but do reserch it would make sense then XD btw im bad at explaining stuff

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
well the dk2 and dk1 both have a software that splits the actuall screen size so 1080p isent what ur geting BUT the CV1 has two screens both 4K so the dk2 and dk1 do not compare to the CV1..........so put it simply dk2 has one screen in landsacpe mode this new CV1 has two screens in portrait mode both 4k

the dk2 isent actully 1080p due to the fact ur spliting the screen up therefore it has less pixles XD

so yes the dk2 ur not getting the full 1080p cuz both ur eyes are using 1 screen
the CV1 ur getting both eye 4k
idk if it makes anysense but do reserch it would make sense then XD btw im bad at explaining stuff
Your fine man! I just have never used one and my only knowledge was the grainy remembering's of pewdiepie screaming in my ears until they bleed lol.

Thread starter #10

GhostParadise

G.P Army
Backer
you guys said you would like to support VR in the future but its not a high priority atm right?
well here's an idea for complete immersive game play why not support the prioVR it has a controller for hands but you still have full body tracking and its only 445 USD they added smoothing to the tracking so it doesn't look all jittery the reason its jittery is because most peoples body's is not relaxed and if your not a trained target shooter or stuff like that and you don't know how to slow your breathing....the sensors actually detect that mussel movement that even the human eye cant detect! so that's why they added smoothing they have like 2ms latency and its pretty darn good i got to try it at at CES 2014 awhile back! and i do have a Rift DK2 im also getting PrioVR and Rift CV1

so will this be a consideration going forward (Fullbody VR) ?

Brady Dupuis

Backer
lol its only $445 USD. I honestly think its a great idea but there would be a alot of games i wouldn't be able to play it with so i wouldnt waste my money on it.

EDIT: If there was something cheaper and compatible with more games i would defintely buy it. ALSO PUMPED FOR CV1!

Thread starter #12

GhostParadise

G.P Army
Backer
lol PrioVR is compatable with some games it has a emulation layer so games like TeamFortress 2,Garrys Mod, Half Life 1,2 all suported with it as this is a consumer ready product some IMU sensors for a full body VR costs like 1559-2500 depends on which one but this with shipping and everything is 445 USD its about as much as a oculus rift CV1 or DK2 the DK2 was 350 with shipping 372 USD and the CV1 is gona be in 200-400 USD range so this is consumer ready anyone can save up for it thats if ...(little kids) they have parents that dont want too....or for people that have a job like myself would be able to save up for it i make around 1400 USD a month and i could still afford it when i only had a 600-800 USD paying job it takes time to save everyone knows that you just put a lil money at a time so its not that expensive do you think people that pay 300 USD for a pair of jordans but then say they are poor just dont save it......point made........
but btw im still new here just wanted to say im not being rude or trying to make you mad im just stateing facts and im sorry if i come off that way im not trying too :D BUT im still Exited for VR like the CV1 and any VR product that makes its way to consumers!

Brady Dupuis

Backer
I have been looking into the omni. It pretty much just tracks your feet movement but it can work with any game so im thinking about buying it. But Im only in high schoo so i think you understand that would be fairly expensive to me lol. But HYPE for CV1 and stress test

Thread starter #15

GhostParadise

G.P Army
Backer
@JB_ do you think you guys can support fullbody VR in the future i already know you guys want to (Just VR) but its not on high prioritys right now and i get that BUT will this be an option in the future (Fullbody using PrioVR and Oculus Rift CV1) if so that would be fantastic!

keep up the great work!

EDIT: i dont know if its a rule to not post directly to the devs aka you JB, sorry!