• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Game price/steam

Thread starter #1
Hey
First of all thank you for making a first person zombie survival game. There are not much decent of those on the market.
But my question is why is it so expensive? It doesnt look like a 24 bucks game right now. Its 12$ tops, even that is too much. I mean really, there are no sounds when you hit a zombie!!!!?wth?!

Can you put the game on steam at least please?
Thanks!

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Hi, this is just my opinion but i guess you could say im a more known member of the games community. The price is pretty average as FPS early access games go, FPS's are always gonna be one of the more complex'd games to build with a much longer build time required espec when you have smaller teams as with indie development.

I guess, you could argue it should be cheaper than $24 based on its current level of progress but i think the price reflects alot of hard work even if it doesn't appear so. The progress will be more obvious over the next 12-24 months as more content is added, the games just at that point now with alot of the nuts and bolts level work done. It would be good if JB and or other staff members could add their comments for someone who's clearly curious about the game.

I can tell you as a keen follower of the project, the game is more than playable and most if not all of the early bugs that were seen in reviews from backer release have been squashed. Whats needed now is more content to keep people interested, thats coming. Currently you can do stuff like craft a lock and combination lock a door ie your base, play with an assortment of weapons. Craft quite a few items and not so long ago utilize power generation. Its not that boring currently but there's much more to come. Soon up to be added is barricading buildings, your base.

The games prob not worth $24 currently thats an honest assessment but it depends if you like to back something that may become great.

As for steam, there is infact an unlisted store page. Thats a long story but on launch it was supposed to be unlisted with unlisted keys, Valves policy's doesn't allow a large amount of unlisted keys apparently with no store page. I know this for a fact as i was backing another great zombie fps which has since gone into limbo due to the lead developer passing away 'Survive aka Lastworld'

I really recommend STN, if your not someone that enjoys taking a punt on a game nor particularly enjoy being part of the games community and helping to fix issues in the game its prob not for you at this stage. In anycase its certainly a game to keep on your radar.

Thread starter #3
The price is pretty average as FPS early access games go, FPS's are always gonna be one of the more complex'd games to build with a much longer build time required espec when you have smaller teams as with indie development.
The avarage price depends in which country you are. As a developer you must know that. Its avarage for US, UK etc but not for the rest of the world. Steam usually sets the price so that everyone can afford it. My point is still the same, why would anyone want to throw away 24$ at animations with no sounds...

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Im not a developer ive learnt alot about how it all works. Yes i know about price fixing, Australians were getting right shafted by Valve dunno if thats still happening. I do understand that $24 US is alot more in some country's. Unfortunately Valve's pricing isn't fair world wide and really it should be.

If $24 in your currency seems a risky proposition for something thats not been officially released as alpha early access yet by all means dont. Its very understandable.

Oh Dem is unable to log in currently but wanted to add

'The price is for the final product and if he does not want to help during the pre-alpha unlisted stage to wait for alpha hopefully later this year and steam sets the price for everywhere but if there is an issue with pricing to contact JB i think he is able to get it fixed'

If the price your being charged is unfair contact JB and he will hopefully be able to fix it for you.

Last edited:

YuNoGuy123

Part of the gucci gang
Backer
The avarage price depends in which country you are. As a developer you must know that. Its avarage for US, UK etc but not for the rest of the world. Steam usually sets the price so that everyone can afford it. My point is still the same, why would anyone want to throw away 24$ at animations with no sounds...
Its 24 dollars...
Broke boy.
You had the option to look at the state the game was in before you bought it, You have NOBODY to blame but yourself for a poor quality of a game that isnt even in alpha yet.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Where've you no been hiding?

Last edited: