• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

games that dont live up to hype

Thread starter #1

Downatello

Backer
I'll start with a game I was so hyped to play back a while ago, Sword Coast Legends, being a D&D fan I was in love with the hype and concept of the game, I couldn't wait to play that game. It finally releases and it was terrible, ran terribly, died in days of release. Not to mention a lot of features it showed and promised were not even in the release! I see this game being the same, how do you develop for years and yet release nothing but a visually pleasing game? I would rather a game that looks like crap but plays amazingly so I can at least have fun. I also love how people who have supported this game, jump on this bandwagon and for whatever reason are blind to how bad this game really is. Its like it personally hurts them because probably they realize they wasted so much time on nothing but now are committed. I think this dev team just are not good, first game or not early access (which i hate that excuse that we allow developers to use now) or not, the game is so bad for 4 years. If this game is scrapped for something new, please approach the development differently and maybe go look around the community for better concepts and ideas on how to even make a good game.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
At-least you didn't call the scam card, but honestly I can only try and speak for like minded people when saying...

We are not blind to the "flaws" it has at the moment becuase we understand it's part of the process, a process which is not complete yet... so this is not something where it needs to live upto anykind of hype you or anyone else put's upon it (like any W.I.P), that's a personal view one puts on something especially with something that's had no real marketing goals as of yet becuase it's not ready for general public consumption.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
I'll start with a game I was so hyped to play back a while ago, Sword Coast Legends, being a D&D fan I was in love with the hype and concept of the game, I couldn't wait to play that game. It finally releases and it was terrible, ran terribly, died in days of release. Not to mention a lot of features it showed and promised were not even in the release! I see this game being the same, how do you develop for years and yet release nothing but a visually pleasing game? I would rather a game that looks like crap but plays amazingly so I can at least have fun. I also love how people who have supported this game, jump on this bandwagon and for whatever reason are blind to how bad this game really is. Its like it personally hurts them because probably they realize they wasted so much time on nothing but now are committed. I think this dev team just are not good, first game or not early access (which i hate that excuse that we allow developers to use now) or not, the game is so bad for 4 years. If this game is scrapped for something new, please approach the development differently and maybe go look around the community for better concepts and ideas on how to even make a good game.
first off there is stuff to do in the testing build. one of those are find glitches/bugs. that's why it is out.its not really out to play. You are looking at it all wrong. if you want a game to play wait a few months. there just getting it stable then they will put alot more in the game. once it hits alpha and goes listed on steam it will be more of a game. I am truely sorry you feel this way,but since i have been around a while i knew what i was getting into. for instance. me and a few others are having issues of finding screws for the locks. well they seen that and there working on a lock set to include what you need to put up locks on doors. They listen to us as backers. So make suggestions here or talk to the devs on discord. i wish you luck in your gaming