• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Garbage Trucks

Thread starter #1
Ever seen the movie "Olympus has fallen"? Its when the Chinese raid and take over the white house. If you seen the movie, then you know how they got inside. For those who don't,here is how they did.
First they had some suicide bombers to blow up the gate, then had garbage trucks to block the gate entrance, they even blew up the tires to prevent anyone to move them. Pretty smart strategy, now think of it in STN. Think of using the garbage truck to block entrances and fences. The truck can be the "heavy duty" type of vehicle. Taking hits and shots from all directions. Once you upgrade that bad boy, you got yourself a tank. But don't consider it to be over powered. The Truck is a bit slow and can explode!

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah this would be pretty cool I started to think of garbage trucks when looking for vehicles from the 80's. I always loved when they are used as DIY armored transports. Marc Singer also beat the terrorist's in Olympus has Fallen lol, have you seen the V series in the last parts the rebel's use a garbage truck to break into a base and the rear hatch is opened to allow the rebel's to fire. Like you said after upgrading it it would make a pretty cool APC, you would have to armor the gas tank since they are usally pretty open. You could also make opening's to fire from but you would need a blowtorch or probably a welding torch since the metal would be pretty thick.

lol You would have to make sure you didn't hit the compactor switch. Though imagine it being used as a form of post apoctalyptic execution, if they added garbage trucks with working compactors I could definitley see bandit's stuffing a person in and activating it. Also like Jeffernaut said there is the possibilty of luring zombies into the compactor, you could probably use some form of blood or meat lure.

Edit: Here is a heavilly armored garbage truck that shows some of the thing's you could add to it.

You can see the Cab's window's have a heavy wire mesh along with a heavy plow, the sides also have heavy skirt's to protect the wheel's and gastank's. The ladder would also allow passengers to climb to the top of the truck as well as inside without opening the rear hatch.

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like the idea of using these as a custom made APC or modified in way to transport valuable items...

And snap, the same comment along those lines I came in here to post.:p
maybe lure zombies into the back of the truck and crush them?