• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Gas masks and custom gear

Thread starter #1

Bartrick

---
Backer
I like the game fallout and their armors, why not make your own? also I love gas masks so must be added. But with your idea of custom gear you can make a gas mask, with red lights wired through the whole gas mask making a cool look (wires and red Christmas lights) also carving iron, into iron spikes making spikes going up on your gas mask or something. Also bandits can kill their pray and steal their heads making skulls and putting it on their shoulders or making a skull into a helmet. Also you could be tired of the boaring old ripped shirt? make it into a master piece by putting some scrap medal onto it. Their are millons of custom ideas of armors to make.

TheClassiness

That'd be a whole lot of added models. As much as it would be completely awesome to walk around with two skulls on your shoulders, and a ribcage breastplate, I don't think that's very practical. This game is about survivors, not looking like a psychopath. xD

Hasnovsky

Human (yet)
Backer
Copy-paste of my comment from other Gas Mask thread:
[gasmask] Can be used for hold your mental health against the smell of dead corpses. Don't limit the vision and Is not a rare item, can be found in DIY stores, military surplus, paint stores, weapon/airsoft stores...

But custom gear... Is a lot of job and I think like @TheClassiness,
This game is about survivors, not looking like a psychopath

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
It'd take way to long. That's pretty much the only thing. And it is about surviving not looking like a crazy man

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
They probably wont do custom gear like that because it is not realism

What isn't real about customizing your own items? That is nothing but realism....

Shawna-Howson-Knows-Its-Okay-Not-To-Like-Things.gif

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
Did you see what he said? Sounds as if you just completely ignored what he said and skipped to the comments. He suggested putting heads on your shoulders and going into detail like that. Have you ever modeled? Heck even programed? That stuff takes up time, time that the devs could be using to improve mechanics. And Fixing bugs

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Yes because one part of a multi-part suggestion makes the entire suggestion invalid..
If they spent all their time on improving mechanics and fixing bugs we would never get a game. This is the point of suggestions...So they can get some ideas of items to implement. Feel free to suggest bug fixes and mechanic improvements when we...you know....get a game to test....

Thread starter #13

Bartrick

---
Backer
Guys I was thinking of that but. It would be cool if you could. Or what about hoods/jackets. You can put on your hood for protection of the rain or some type.

refuseresist

Backer
I won't comment on custom clothing, leave alone plastic surgery, but to anyone who thinks wearing a gasmask is cool, I challenge you to run for a little bit with a gas mask on. With or without gear.
As someone who has had to do that, and as a gas mask enthusiast/collector, I don't understand why anyone would want to wear one unless in serious need.

refuseresist

Backer
I'm airsoft player and I'm always wearing my gas mask with filter and has never bothered me...
I congratulate you for your superlungs, then.
And to make this clear for myself - you mean an army gasmask, and not a respirator mask like this one:

refuseresist

Backer
All you need is lungs that will be fine with the air you can breathe with your nose while running with gear. Mine aren't, and restricted breathing wasn't fun for the athlete-types either.

Ebay is full of cheap and cool looking masks, like NVA M10 and SchMS, soviet GP4/GP5, US M7 or the similar you use, British "Lightweight Respirator" from the 40's here:

Also, if you go out and get one/some, and it all turns out to become a hobby, think twice who you tell about your hobby. Some people think it's strange to collect gas masks.

King_CreepaLot

Random gas mask collector
All right, thought I'd try and become somewhat active here. One of my ideas would be for a gas mask with filters, of course.

Some gas masks are actually toxic to use (Older filters are known to contain asbestos, perhaps you can find some house where a guy hoarded old filters that are borderline useless, but could be some tomfoolery for people.) This one is a relatively recent variant, an M40. While the Army has since replaced them for M50s and M53s, these still provide use. They accept 40mm filters (C2A1 generally issued), perhaps a survival store can have filters and a mask as rare spawns.

Perhaps some areas could be contaminated and the only way you could access them without taking damage would be for the mask (And maybe a chem suit, hehe).

Side Suggestion

Perhaps some homes can be unique, and you'll find special items which don't necessarily prove all that useful, but would be nice to find. A few examples would be, some guy collects old military gear; while cool in appearance, it's old and falling apart. Somebody could have a personal library, a historical reenactor, gamer, etc.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Where do you think we could utilise them in the game?