• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Gas Masks

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
I don't see how you would need a gas mask for smoke grenades? :D Anyway props for a unique idea.

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
They could have a realistic use if something like tear gas/mustard gas etc made their way in the game. Would look badass either way, so I support it! :)

Or in a smelly area..

Hasnovsky

Human (yet)
Backer
Can be used for hold your mental health against the smell of dead corpses. Don't limit the vision and Is not a rare item, can be found in DIY stores, military surplus, paint stores, weapon/airsoft stores...
Like airsoft player I have one :p

Toastmaster

Not A Racist Piece Of Bread
Backer
Why wouldn't it harm zombies?
Well, we have to assume stuff the anatomy of zombies, but most likely due to muscle and brain tissue deterioration their nervous systems wouldn't function correctly in relation to external pain. That's why usually zombies in media can take bullets and other foreign body objects without feeling a form a pain unless being shot in the head which would effectively shut down any remaining motor/mental functions

Thread starter #9

jim

The Lords' Illusion
Backer
Well, we have to assume stuff the anatomy of zombies, but most likely due to muscle and brain tissue deterioration their nervous systems wouldn't function correctly in relation to external pain. That's why usually zombies in media can take bullets and other foreign body objects without feeling a form a pain unless being shot in the head which would effectively shut down any remaining motor/mental functions
Tear gas is a lachrymatory agent. There are countless risks, but I'll go over a few. There are risks from being hit by tear gas cartridges, which include severe bruising, loss of eyes, skull fracture, and even death. I think skull fracture and loss of eyes would affect zombies substantially. Now tear gas smoke; people with pre-existing respiratory conditions or open wounds are put in a position where you don't want to be in. I'm sure almost every zombie would have some type of open wound(Bite marks, deep gashes). I think tear gas would do more damage to zombies than players.

I'd also like to add something to my suggestion: Perhaps swimming goggles could help against tear gas as it's used to stop your eyes from irritating but it still could cause skin irritation.

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Thread starter #12

jim

The Lords' Illusion
Backer
Even if this increases banditry, then I think that is a good thing. There will be no heroes if there's no bandits nor will there be anything to worry about when you're lurking by yourself.

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
Tear gas is a lachrymatory agent. There are countless risks, but I'll go over a few. There are risks from being hit by tear gas cartridges, which include severe bruising, loss of eyes, skull fracture, and even death. I think skull fracture and loss of eyes would affect zombies substantially. Now tear gas smoke; people with pre-existing respiratory conditions or open wounds are put in a position where you don't want to be in. I'm sure almost every zombie would have some type of open wound(Bite marks, deep gashes). I think tear gas would do more damage to zombies than players.

I'd also like to add something to my suggestion: Perhaps swimming goggles could help against tear gas as it's used to stop your eyes from irritating but it still could cause skin irritation.
Haha so you're saying throwing a teargas cartridge at a zombies head could kill it? I doubt it, and I don't think the health system is going to be as dynamic to include pre-existing respiratory conditions. Tear gas would not effect zombies including open wounds because they're the walking dead, so their tissue is dead the only way to effect them is to kill there brain (in traditional zombie mythology) you can cut off their legs and they'll keep coming at you. Teargas is only effective on a human.

Haha as crazy as that argument sounds.

Thread starter #14

jim

The Lords' Illusion
Backer
Haha so you're saying throwing a teargas cartridge at a zombies head could kill it? I doubt it, and I don't think the health system is going to be as dynamic to include pre-existing respiratory conditions. Tear gas would not effect zombies including open wounds because they're the walking dead, so their tissue is dead the only way to effect them is to kill there brain (in traditional zombie mythology) you can cut off their legs and they'll keep coming at you. Teargas is only effective on a human.

Haha as crazy as that argument sounds.
I'm still sticking with what I said because it does effect zombies. And most gas cartridges are launched by a grenade launcher because they're technically classified as a grenade.