• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Gas, Refueling and Siphoning..

Thread starter #1

DuxTervus

Backer
After a long drive while you're at the town near your base, you are going to be quite low on fuel yes? Say that town had a fuel station with a fuel pump still working or requires some form of maintenance in order to get it working again. Yes, i realise it could become over powered and people could farm the crap out of it or build a base right on it, but hey it would be pretty cool having to keep your cars/ vans fuel topped up.

If not then some form of way to drain fuel from cars that have broken down or are immobile (missing parts i.e. no wheels, broken engine etc). Being able to do this would mean that after running out of fuel you have to go searching for a near by car with your jerry can (or some other container), a pump and piece of garden hose to suck out the fuel.

On top of this being able to, while ransacking somebodies base, you can go to their car and steal their fuel as an extra kick in the pants. This can work out as being both annoying and hilarious amongst friends.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Voted for the ability to siphon fuel. Just need a rubber hose and a can.

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
As in the trailers you can see that you can refuel at gas stations but the gas pumps have a limited amount of fuel in them.

Thread starter #6

DuxTervus

Backer
true but, with the reseting or refreshing of servers it could be replenished to a certain standard. Otherwise the mechanic of having cars and vehicles would be broken as there wouldn't be fuel after a certain amount of days.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
It would be cool if you could store fuel in like a tank at your base for storage instead of carrying a ton of jury cans everywhere.

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
I think both would be acceptable. Though for the cars have it where there is a limited amount you can get from it. As for stations maybe implement a daily supply that recharges as a specific time?

Thread starter #11

DuxTervus

Backer
Yeah, having only siphoned fuel is rather stupid. Somebody could siphon all the fuel on the server and drive the ONE car with fuel off a cliff, screwing everybody.
yeah haha that would suck, thats why servers are refreshed so that things spawn constantly otherwise games just wouldn't work.

WasabiKicks91

Backer
In a real world it would be empy within seconds, because fuel is so damn important.
I agree. In what world where everyone would try to drive off would there be any gas left at a station? At least fuel in a car is a challenge to get, plus you'd have to suck on that hose for a while and those fumes can get to you. and eventually fuel DOES go bad or evaporates.

Thread starter #14

DuxTervus

Backer
maybe each car has a certain fuel cap, for instance a caravan would be able to hold more fuel then a small car and a jeep could hold less than the van.

TheDwemerComrade

Backer
I agree. In what world where everyone would try to drive off would there be any gas left at a station? At least fuel in a car is a challenge to get, plus you'd have to suck on that hose for a while and those fumes can get to you. and eventually fuel DOES go bad or evaporates.
Again, this is a recent apocalypse. Everybody playing the game are the last survivors.

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
Also, siphoning fuel wrong may involve you swallowing some, resulting in your death if you get shot.
Along with the possibility of spilling some on your clothes. Imagine a lone spark hitting your pants that are soaked with gasoline and lighting you up like a Christmas tree.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
In another thread there was a fuel truck, and I think that is worth killing over.

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
I think the fuel truck would be cool.. Or just a fuel truck trailer, so if you have a truck you found from before and you see a fuel trailer you can hook it up and go to your base with it. Would be pretty rare though.

WasabiKicks91

Backer
I'd rather ride bicycle everywhere and conserve my fuel for when I REALLY need it.

Thread starter #20

DuxTervus

Backer
I'd rather ride bicycle everywhere and conserve my fuel for when I REALLY need it.
yeah, true, but the thing with that is you would burn through your hunger and thirst really quickly and we don't know how easy it is to find food yet.