1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day from a not-so-typical Aussie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DuncanBizkit, Jan 10, 2018.

1. DuncanBizkit

DuncanBizkit New Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I don't drink alcohol - at all. Shocking, I know.

So, I've been gaming online since 1996, but before that I was either playing consoles, pinball/arcade machines or "table-top" RPGs. This wasn't all that typical for a kid growing up in Outback Australia.
    My teen years were the 90s. It was an interesting era, where a lot of the "old stuff" (LPs, cassettes, floppy disks, etc) was being phased out. The "new stuff" (CDs and later, DVDs and MP3 players) was just coming in and/or becoming popular.
    I kinda feel lucky to be born when I was. I remember things my elders do as well, while still being able to very much appreciate what many of my younger friends take for granted.
    I'm mainly into sci-fi and fantasy. So I have found zombie survival games to usually be a fairly good blend of the two.
    A friend of mine graciously gifted me STN recently, knowing that I like these kind of games and having shown exceeding patience for other titles like Space Engineers. When it comes to being a bit of a "guinea pig" and testing new titles, this seems like a walk in the park compared to SE (even though I still do love to play that game also).
    Given the small team working on STN, I'm quite impressed with what I have seen so far.

Num47, Dr. J and DZS like this.
  2. DZS

DZS Survivor Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    They are making headway. Cheers man nice to meet you too welcome to our great community.

3. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    My word, @DuncanBizkit ... next thing you'll be confessing to not 'throwing the shrimps on the barbie' for Christmas ...

4. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    G'day mate, welcome to the forum and throw another zed on the barbie... aw damn @Dr. J beat me to the cliche.

DZS likes this.