• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Ghillie suit

Thread starter #1

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
It's quite easy to create your own ghillie in real life and most paintball/airsoft players do it themselves. It would be nice to have to make them instead of finding them that way you can actually add a little variance.

Items:
Burlap
String
Grass
Leaves
Sticks
bark

It would be nice to be able to pick up different color leaves and grass so you can tailor the suit to your needs. Maybe you're going into the woods for hunting so you make a ghillie with bark and green leaves. Or maybe you're going out in the open around dead grass so you find yourself some yellow leaves and brown grass. There only needs to be maybe 3-4 different kinds of ghillies which all come with separate item requirements.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Ohhh, I like this one. Sounds like a bit of a pain in the ass to make but if it looks good and helps with cover.. I'm in.

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
Man I love dem things.. I actually have one (not selfmade tough) and they work like a beast..

Thread starter #4

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Ghillie suits were around before DayZ. I'm really tired of hearing people hate ideas because it was in a previous game.

I use a makeshift ghillie suit to hunt deer. There's no reason to poopoo this idea simply because "NO DayZ DID IT DERP!"

ben

Stick
Backer
somebody tell why you need a gillie in a survival game where killing too many ppl can lead to suicide and cause its cool isnt and an answer!

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
somebody tell why you need a gillie in a survival game where killing too many ppl can lead to suicide and cause its cool isnt and an answer!
Hunting, Disguise from players and just overall badassness

Thread starter #7

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
First of all there is a PvP aspect to this game. People will get over that fact eventually. It will hide you from those players. Hiding isn't always about killing it can be about NOT getting killed.
Secondly hunting will be a big part of this game along with that comes stealth. A stealth stat would be raised wearing a ghillie suit allowing you to get closer to animals or even zeds without spooking them.

Survivor

Backer

Survivor

Backer
This is a good idea if used for intend reasons and rare to get we wouldn't wanted people to use them like in Dayz! Might as well give use inferred sighs!
Yeah, it would probably get too annoying with everyone running around with one.

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
I think it's a cool idea. I also have one of these things and they are sooooooo cool. If zombies showed up on my door step I'd defiantly break that thing out throw it on and go stealth mode out of there! Plus it is great for hunting!

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
well if they add it i wonder if they would add the ability to lower the foliage on the map so i can just be like where is the bush moving to in that open field

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
by that i ment like if they add something to lower it so it be easier on your computer people will always have it set to that to spot ghillies

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
Now this is a good idea, as like you said it really is fairly easy to do yourself IRL with the right things.

Great idea

Moderator #17

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I personally wouldn't use the ghillie to try to hunt down people as a sniper... I'd use to hopefully help sneak past zombies and other players unnoticed... I've used this technique in capture the flag paintball several times.

Thread starter #18

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
I personally wouldn't use the ghillie to try to hunt down people as a sniper... I'd use to hopefully help sneak past zombies and other players unnoticed... I've used this technique in capture the flag paintball several times.
Exactly. Sometimes it's about NOT getting killed.

CheefReef

King
Backer
What's the problem with hunting people anyway? I love to b a bandit, and by bandit I mean somone who tracks you for a couple hours and then hits your camp or steals your loot or maybe I ghillie up and ambush you in your rv. What's wrong with that? Just no shoot on site PvP bs

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
Ghillie suits can also be a way to avoid detection, and therefore combat altogether (depending on the person, of course). Camouflage is a 100 million + y.o survival technique, just look at the number of animals that conceal themselves for protection. Denying players that ability would be pretty silly imo.

Last edited: