• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Ghosts

Thread starter #1

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
Hear me out on this one.

Semi Hostile npc:

Function: Mental health and anti pvper. While a ghost or poltergeist does no damage. Being around one or witnessing scary stuff has a mental health impact.

AI and Spawning: A ghost will latch onto the player and haunt them. Found sometimes in graveyard, the ones there will not have set target. If a player kills another player; there is a 10% chance of their spirit haunting them for a period of time.

Ghosts will despawn in the Day.

How will this factor into gameplay: A ghost and poltergeist will be noisy, and can attract zombies through the noise. If a player with low sanity triggers a Ghost, they will have to be extremely careful to avoid losing more sanity.

Defense against them: Staying by a lit fire.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Hmmm, nice idea but how I think of it is that in the reality/universe where the dead can come back to "life" there would be no such thing as ghosts... zombie trumps ghost :p

But the idea of hallucinating visions of survivors you have murdered "haunting" you is something I would think is more fitting, and I think has been discussed on some level somewhere around here...

Bear in mind that this is just my personal view on how some "general laws" would work in my zombie universe...

Edit: I do suppose it would be down to personal beliefs, some would think that a zombipocalyspe is work of (A) god and such so religious people may see hallucinations as spiritual visions/ghosts... maybe traits would effect people differently...

If you honestly believe you are seeing ghosts then I guess you are and I also imagine thinking that would have more of a mental effect than if someone who is seeing visions and believe that they are more to-do with emotions, mental state and grief...

But I stick to my original statement.

Last edited:

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
OMG and vampires, pirates, ninjas, gnomes, elves, dwarfs, Harpies, and Centaurs! Sign me up for that!

Seriously though I am going to have to agree with @Num47 here I wouldn't like it for the realism sake. I like what you thinking as the whole mental health system, but lets just leave them as hallucinations. Good effort and nice try but I am not a big fan of this one.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Read a bit of this and what I have determined is that for normal gameplay this is not a good idea as this is not a horror game in the term of spooky spiders, Frankenstein and so on. BUTTTTT.... If your mental health gets decayed far enough you can hallucinate that there is a ghost haunting you thus introducing more stress, fear and BP goes up causing MH to degrade more.

:)