• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Glass cup trap

Thread starter #1

RamRod11Bang

- Rah, kill. -
Backer
Im not sure if the developers intend to incorporate hand grenades or smoke grenades, but if they do there is a good use for them as traps.

Put a grenade in a glass cup. Rest the cup on the inside of a door on top of the door knob. Pull pin. Zombie or enemy open the door from outside causing the glass cup to fall from the doorknob. Grenade explodes seconds later. A smoke grenade would fill the room with smoke giving the player a chance to escape if they are overrun.

The same idea can be used with a tin can and trip wire. Place grenade in. Pull pin. Enemy or zombie trips wire which pulls the grenade out of tin can. Seconds later it goes off. The audible glass break or grenade spoon popping off would give intruder precious seconds to retreat.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Glad this is confirmed :D
It would work very well... it's not overly complicated to make, finding the parts needed would also be easy to find and the visibility of it would be low or near not visible at all really with it being on-top of the door, you ain't going to know its there until it's too late.

The best ideas are always the simplistic ones.

Just one question.... would this be easy to retrieve but just very risky?

JB_

Developer
Developer
Glad this is confirmed :D
It would work very well... it's not overly complicated to make, finding the parts needed would also be easy to find and the visibility of it would be low or near not visible at all really with it being on-top of the door, you ain't going to know its there until it's too late.

The best ideas are always the simplistic ones.

Just one question.... would this be easy to retrieve but just very risky?
Personally I think all traps should allow others to disarm some with very high chances of absolutely everything turning to a bloody gutty mess :p

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Personally I think all traps should allow others to disarm some with very high chances of absolutely everything turning to a bloody gutty mess :p
Funny... that sentence said anywhere else would get you locked up in an asylum...

I was thinking of if you wanted to take it off in-case you didn't want it there/needed to get out but that's the same answer right? I guess...

Aforgomon

Embodiment of Spacetime
Backer
That's a fecking fantastic idea bud, using it!
The only problem I have with this is that grenades have two safety mechanisms rather than one. Pull the pin, release the grenade causing the spring-loaded fuse-striker to flick and, well, strike the fuse. So I'd hope you can find a way to implement this.

There's also timing if you don't, because then you pull the pin and put it in, but if they take longer than expected it's just going to go off and tell everyone and everything where you are. Not to mention glass shards that could damage the player.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
The only problem I have with this is that grenades have two safety mechanisms rather than one. Pull the pin, release the grenade causing the spring-loaded fuse-striker to flick and, well, strike the fuse. So I'd hope you can find a way to implement this.

There's also timing if you don't, because then you pull the pin and put it in, but if they take longer than expected it's just going to go off and tell everyone and everything where you are. Not to mention glass shards that could damage the player.
It could just be made with the type of grenade that only uses the one... I think M67 only has the one safety, the pin to stop the lever from moving... not sure thou.

Having something like this (grenade) would probably be rare and to use it should be a final "F**k You!" to take you and whomever you are using it out with a bang if all else fails, well that's how I would use it :p...

You are also right about the timing, after effects including noise and attention it will bring but that should be all in the risk of using one...
I don't think there should be enough of these (grenades) where as people (including me) will feel happy about throwing them around willy-nilly.

Aforgomon

Embodiment of Spacetime
Backer
It could just be made with the type of grenade that only uses the one... I think M67 only has the one safety, the pin to stop the lever from moving... not sure thou.

Having something like this (grenade) would probably be rare and to use it should be a final "F**k You!" to take you and whomever you are using it out with a bang, well that's how I would use it :p...

You are also right about the timing, after effects including noise and attention it will bring but that should be all in the risk of using one...
I don't think there should be enough of these (grenades) where as people (including me) will feel happy about throwing them around willy-nilly.
Sorry, the lever is the fuse-striker I was talking about. I couldn't find the proper word. The lever flips off and strikes the fuse, which is what causes the grenade to blow up.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Sorry, the lever is the fuse-striker I was talking about. I couldn't find the proper word. The lever flips off and strikes the fuse, which is what causes the grenade to blow up.
That's cool, if I understood then a Monkey can...

But you did make a valid point, timing would be a problem so maybe have a flash-bang/distraction device go off with hopes of it working and to avoid shrapnel, don't be in the same room as it :p

Aforgomon

Embodiment of Spacetime
Backer
That's cool, if I understood then a Monkey can...

But you did make a valid point, timing would be a problem so maybe have a flash-bang/distraction device go off with hopes of it working and to avoid shrapnel, don't be in the same room as it :p
Yeah :D

It also poses the question: If you did use a grenade and ended up killing another player with it, would you take damage to mental health if you didn't witness it? Or even know that it happened, for that matter.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Yeah :D

It also poses the question: If you did use a grenade and ended up killing another player with it, would you take damage to mental health if you didn't witness it? Or even know that it happened, for that matter.
Hehe instantly made me think...
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

But I guess it wouldn't but maybe traps that you place and don't retrieve could have some kind of guilt attached because of that unknown outcome of the trap... but things like this, I think we will know more about if/when things like traits or skills are added because some people would care and others not so much.