• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Grenade Launcher

Thread starter #1

Graskull

Backer
What strikes more fear into people attempting to raid you? Having the fear that you have a grenade launcher. A high risk weapon, that should it misfire may end up exploding in your face. To the fact ammo may be rare, and each shot has the promise of attracting a horde. The off set of its killing power is that it could build up a players insanity quicker if used to kill people. (Like come on what maniac wouldnt love seeing his enemies disappear in a loud bang)

LUDER

Mighty God of Zimbabwe
Backer
probably wont happen seeing we dont have any military weapons as of yet, not the vibe we're going for i think.

Thread starter #6

Graskull

Backer
Oh god no, I meant a simple or crude one, that literally has one cylinder and may explode in your hands due to its sheer shoddiness. Could also be used to fire bean bags for non lethal take downs

Last edited:

lovebus

Backer
I'm trying to think of a way to make this more make-shift and less military spec. What about a pipe-bomb (honestly you need something that detonates via impact rather than a fuse or electric current) and then a slingshot?

Zulfiqar

Backer
I don't think they should military weapons atm.
It will make the game feel more like a pvp game.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I could get behind this idea if it where like, a paintball gun that fires home-made smoke canisters much like the old rifle grenades for an M1 Garrand... nothing where you fire anything "explosive" thou.

Edit: Maybe you could launch some fire-crackers that are contained within a plastic bottle and their fuse taped on the outside with the bottle taped to a stick... like a bottle rocket, could be a nice distraction as-well as having smoke to conceal your movement.

Last edited:

kpmh2001

Standard Bearer for Failure
Backer
The thing i'm picturing is one of those pop can launchers the police use to launch tear gas during riots, actual grenades could probably be crafted but they would have to be VERY expensive in order to keep balance.