• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Grid power/water

Thread starter #1

thegentletouch

Backer
being nice you could reactivate a power station that gives all houses connected to the grid free power

Maybe you could capture a power station and have a choose where the power goes charging people for said power or keeping it to only one place

BenevolentDictator

Backer
That would be great, big power stations or damns that provide a lot of power, swarmed with zombies! You'd need multiple people to take and hold one, that'd be so cool

BenevolentDictator

Backer
I think that if they were put into the game, they'd have to be really difficult to take and hold etc, or they'd just be a bit overpowered.

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
It would be a great idea, you would have to find some parts and other things to get it running (lets say the power station was out of commission) and then it could provide several houses with power (as long as the homes were connected to a grid) but the station would need maintenance quite often to make sure it didnt have any failures etc..

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
It would be a great idea, you would have to find some parts and other things to get it running (lets say the power station was out of commission) and then it could provide several houses with power (as long as the homes were connected to a grid) but the station would need maintenance quite often to make sure it didnt have any failures etc..
Yeah you can't just have it run forever it would require constant maintenance and be easily taken over and hard to defend!

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
Exactly and your friends (or enemys) would have to fight for it, or trade for use of the power. it could be barricaded and defended by friends/foes aswell or maybe even set up a trap or two!

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
I agree. But also like you guys said before. make it a little hard and put maintenance from time to time. Maybe a random zombie horde attack it
Yes because zombies are attracted to noise and I'd assume power plants are probably pretty noisy!

Strider

Undercover Mod
Backer
With realsim there would be no way you could operate a power station without a huge team of men and vehicles etc

I think this isn't a good idea myself

BenevolentDictator

Backer
So to put it all together:

They need to be hard to take and hold, you'd need to group up with friends to take them

You need to find parts to get it running, then you need to find parts to keep it going.

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
That's the point, you need to team up with people to get it to work otherwise its just a big base to set up in! It also promotes teamwork to try and get power for a whole town!

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
With realsim there would be no way you could operate a power station without a huge team of men and vehicles etc

I think this isn't a good idea myself
Well i believe it could be maintained, but without the thousands of watts of power a regular power station could generate. If you have one person running it it would provde you with less power then with 2+ people and so on.