• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Gunpowder

Craftable Gunpowder

• Yay

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
Im not a chemist but I tried doing some research heres hoping im not on a watch list xD

main-qimg-8d645cfc92a442efc7383a77964e8dcf.jpg

Craftable Gunpowder

Ingredients: Coal, Fertilizer

Tool: mortar and pestle

Uses: Ammo, Improvised Explosives, Traps (Workbench Required)

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
You're on my watchlist @gummy8unny ! This is a great idea to help make explosive traps.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Don't try it irl :p

Its also possible to make things like napalm however i'll leave that to the reader to discover. That's about as far as i'll go discussing ancient books from before the interwebs :D

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
You're too late there with your advice @DZS , been there and done it 40 years ago. But in the days of the internet, there is no trace of me dabbling in such things. I don't do that sort of thing now.

I'd like to hear more from @gummy8unny about how we could craft and use explosives as part of a trap ...

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Do we find or craft the grenade @gummy8unny ? I see it as a craftable item and a replacement for a lock kit on the door. Using the gunpowder recipe you suggest in the first post, an empty can and some string you could craft from rags.
But the biggest question is how do you get back in to the room it's protecting?

Thread starter #8
Do we find or craft the grenade @gummy8unny ? I see it as a craftable item and a replacement for a lock kit on the door. Using the gunpowder recipe you suggest in the first post, an empty can and some string you could craft from rags.
But the biggest question is how do you get back in to the room it's protecting?
I would think a general rule for all weapons (grenade) is you would have a weak / unreliable possibly craft able version and then a stronger, more reliable version which can only be found.

I like the idea of it replacing a lock slot, as for getting back in I think its safe to assume you don't.

Crafting could just be string made from rags or just rags plus the grenade of choice

https://vietnamboobytraps.weebly.com/explosive.html