• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Gut Rot

Would you want this type of scenario in game eventually?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread starter #1

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Ok, so I searched the forums (via search bar) and couldn't find anything about stomach aches (other than on a poisoning food thread) stomach pains or gut rot.

To the point than. I would like there to be a type of stomach pain that comes from eating random things such as a mixture of any of the four: Candy, canned food, bag chips, MRE's, Fresh meat, Pop cans, garden greens and other variants of food you may find or grow.

The need for this is to add to a bit of realism to watch out for. If I were to eat candy, canned food and fresh meat along with only drinking Pop my stomach would be going haywire. The affects of this could be lowered max stamina and lowered max Health along with a slowly diminishing mental status. The fix for this would be to change your diet or to take something like Pepto Bismol to ease your stomach.

On the other hand this would be a good way of combating negative mental health such as killing other players or living in dirty/unfavorable conditions. If you have a constant diet of Fresh veggies animal meat and purified water this would be the best case scenario for a diet and would boost mental health or keep it at max.

A way to monitor this would be to implement a STN four food groups type scenario. Meats, vegetables, Caffeine and Junk food. Water will have no affect on these four groups but eating two of any same thing in this group would keep you at 100% and eating three will drop health, stamina and mental health max levels by 15% and eating all four on a daily basis can reduce it by 25%. Thus making the need for a well balanced diet of either healthy food or junk food a must in STN.

I know they are talking about monitoring calorie intake so this might be a good addition to that feature as well.

Let me know any thoughts on the matter or If I am crazy for wanting this amount of detail in ;)

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
You can be a murderer as long as you eat your veggies!

I don't know about this one, I don't like it effecting your mental health first and foremost its just doesn't seem to fit, I drink some coke with some chips I don't really see a change in my mental stability. If I am starving and all I have been able to scavenge is some berries, rabbit meat, and a soda, I don't want to lose health from eating food that just doesn't make any sense to me. I shouldn't be punished for fulfilling my characters needs. I can see where your coming on the realism factor though on how you should watch your diet. The stamina might be the only thing I might be okay with, as when I eat to much I don't really feel like going on a run. Its a bit to iffy for my taste ( no pun intended) might need some tweaks if it was added. Good Post.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I think candy should give a boost to mental stability, I have talked about this before and I would like candy to give a temporary boost to your calories and mental state. If you were stuck eating rat's and cat food for a week or two then found some candy it would really make you feel better mentally and would bring some nostolgia. Like I said though it should just be temporary since candy just provides a lot of sugar.

On the losing mental health if you have stomach pains I can see where you are coming from. @Crazypineapple55 I can also see where you are comeing from by not wanting to be punished if you are starving but the way I see it his idea factors with eating all kinds of randoms foods that really shouldn't be mixed together suddenly that would also be bad if you were starving. If you were starving and ate let's say a bag of skittles and a coke and whatever else really quickly with a empty stomach you would probably throw up. Throwing up would cause you to lose water and make you feel even worse, I think if you were starving and you found a bunch of food items you would want to pace yourself.

I remember one time I had to work a couple of extra hours after my shift so I hadn't eaten so I bought a bag of skittles and a 12oz coke, cant remember what else I ate but after I fell asleep I woke up an hour later and literally threw up a rainbow. It's safe to say I didn't eat skittles for awhile after that.

Thread starter #4

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
@Crazypineapple55 I see where you are coming from about the eat veggies and can kill anyone but I didn't think mental health thing through that thoroughly, was really talking out loud :) I do think however a good diet should affect mental health as much as living conditions or eating rats too much. I know the devs actually talked about living conditions and eating rats will affect your mental health so why not eating a proper meal instead of anything off the ground? In my mind if you were to just eat everything you find without thinking of the combination and get sick it should affect you negatively and vise versa. This wouldn't be a small increase it should literally just boost morale not mental health, I stated that wrong but it should have a very small positive affect on mental health. Eat right and live well and you should have some small gain in mental health.

@BlackWater That sounds like a terrible time hahaha did your throw up taste like the rainbow :)