• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Hammock Raft

Thread starter #1

Toastmaster

Not A Racist Piece Of Bread
Backer
Here's another one for you Dwemer ;)

Items Needed:
4 Gallon Drums
20 Wood Planks
Tarp
Hammock (optional)
30 Nails
2 Ropes

Tools Needed:
Hammer
Saw

Description:
You've got yourself a nice little raft. Not too shabby, pretty sweet optional hammock too. Non lethal (surprising right?)
Ineffective against zombies, humans, and most animals (except trout).

Example:

Sorry about the example not having a floor :p

image.jpg

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Great idea, I have always loved raft's and this looks like a really cool DIY raft, I also found some more pic's of the raft if you haven't seen them yet.

It would be really cool if you could attach multiple raft's together as well to make a super raft multiple people could stay on. If you secured them effectivly the supper raft would be able to hold a lot of weight, in the thread I found the pic's the person who built it said it has 1600+ lbs of flotation. I don't know how accurate that is but those barrels look like they could carry a lot of weight. You could also add metal siding to the tarp so that you could bring it down like in the above pic and protect one side of the raft. If you could attach multiple hammock raft's together the you could have all the armored tarp roof's pointed outwards to protect the passenger's. Maybe they could include a special raft that would mostly be a raised garden bed, if you could conjoin rafts then you could have the garden in the center. They could also add a raft without the hammock and a modified tarp roof to collect rain that could drain in a water barrel.

Have you thought of how to power the raft, would you use a paddle or some sort of diy propeller/fan for thrust.

(Here is the site I found the pic's https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/73660-My-Hammock-Raft )

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Yes yes yes yes yes!. This would be a good way of crafting something low key to get from island to island (will take forever vs a motor boat). You could also have the option of a camouflage tarp to blend into a swamp or wooded river area and be more hidden. Put a storage container on it along with a cooler full of beer and you have a redneck house boat :)

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Being able to use a camo tarp for camo would be pretty cool, you would just have to get close to shore and flip the tarp outwards. Also like I said before I want to combine multiple hammock rafts into a super raft, if you painted the tarp to match the water you could flip the tarps for each raft outwards and just anchor yourself off the coast. With enough raft's would could have a camoflauged island floating away from harm until more suplies are needed.

What about something like this for a DIY propeller.

Except for the airplane prop most of the parts would be pretty easy to find and put together, all you need is a seat and it's a recumbent bike system. All you would need is something to change direction like maybe the handle bars to a bicycle.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Why not JB weld a simple fan blade to the end of the rotary for a weed eater? I actually made a redneck boat motor with a weed eater. There is a screw at the end where the push cap connects to most spool loads on the end of a weed eater. I used a piece of pipe and a plastic rotor from the local Wally world and was able to "attach" it to a flat bottom Jon boat I had. A lot easier :)

I have since upgraded this to a more complex redneck motor :)

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Going through some suggestions I haven't seen before. This one is great!
Glad you brought it back to our attention.

Apart from the great ideas above, I also see this as a good way to store supply's out of harms way.
+1