• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Hand warmer

Thread starter #1

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Many years ago i was given a old style handwarmer which my fathers father used to use. Dont know why im remembering this now

- not the handwarmer i was referring too

I think they run on Kerosene modern versions likely use standard lighter fluid. Would be useful in game to warm the player up a tiny bit in desperate situations as well as providing a small amount of light or an improvised lighter. Interesting item, cant say ive ever seen one in a game before.

Last edited:

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Well I mean a normal or flip lighter could do a very similar thing, no? And theres always those little 99 cent hand warmers that are just little plastic baggies that warm up a fair amount. But I like the idea :)

Thread starter #3

DZS

Survivor
Backer
It could be used as a component in crafting as well as traps. Might make a primitive detonator or form part of one.
http://prepforshtf.com/ten-alternate-hand-warmers/

Couple of noteworthy ideas from the list

Can be used to combat Hypothermia
Create water from snow
Could be used to slow battery drain which im sure will be uncommon items

Interesting one is taping to a water bottle to prevent water from freezing in cold weather. I know the effects on the body of freezing water is bad you dont want to drink near frozen water it stuffs the liver.

Last edited: