• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Harpoon/Spear Gun

Thread starter #1

Jeffernaut

Backer
Because the location is in an island setting you should be able to obtain one of these. It can have multiple uses. possibility would in clued fishing large game like maybe sharks or something, using the harpoon and wire separately for something else like traps, and reusable ammo from killing zombies.

upload_2014-12-20_11-16-13.jpeg

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
That is actually a Spear Gun I believe, harpoon guns use shells as well as harpoons the shells propel the harpoon. I saw a miniture spear/harpoon pistol suggestion but I am surpised this hasn't been suggested before good job, I like the idea of re-useable ammo as well I also think they should decay. They could do the same thing with bow's and crossbow's, and bolt's and arrow's. I really they hope they add diffrent kind of harpoon/spearguns they would make really good silent anti zombie weapons well the spear guns would be silent.

Another version of the spear gun is the Harpoon Gun, instead of tension they use cartridges to propel the harpoon. http://www.westsea.com/tsg3/itemlocker/04pixlocker/04-91.JPG
It would be really interesting to see what they could do with the harpoon line as well, I wonder if you could use it to tether a zombie to the ground. You just shoot them in the chest then stake the other end of the rope to the ground, or you keep the line attached to the rifle and pull the zombie in the direction you want. It could also be used as a anti player trap to cause a lot of damage and blood loss and tether them to the trap so they cant run away from a secondary trap or your gun fire. I don't know how the ammo would work I suppose you would need a cartridge and a harpoon in your inventory to fire the rifle. The shells would be rare but you should be able to make them I think they typically take wax tipped .38 speciel shell's.

DrBunsen

Backer
Being on an island the existence of a scuba/diving center should be high . A simple weapon that could be found there could be a spear gun or spears for such as well as scuba knifes.
Maybe an option to craft your own (metal/pvc pipe with rubber bands and hose clamps plus an arrow) would be great .
A hit in a Zombies arm or leg could help to slow it down and make it more manageable through the earlier stages of survival.
Spears could be reused

Last edited:

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
That could be cool! I don't think we should be able to hunt sharks, because there are 100 different, and probably better, ways to get a meal in a realistic situation. But having a weapon like this would be fun to fight zombs/people with, or even to hunt food. It's sort of unconventional too, which makes it even cooler! Not something you'd expect to have to use to defend yourself.

Not to mention it'd be hilarious to be get snuck up on by another player and you just whip around and fire a spear into his forehead haha.