• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Hazmat Suit

Thread starter #1

deathbot20

Walking The Fallout
Backer
Was thinking, Maybe a hazmat suit or some kind of Bio/chemical protection suit, I would assume people had been trying to fight it, so medical staff and probably military staff might of had some Hazmat like suits on them?

they would be terrible at protecting you physically, but maybe they can give you more protection from diseases and such?

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
i dont believe he has but it be cool if they have pockets of like biohazard zones like where people were piling dead bodies which have started to decay

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
They haven't really discussed how you become zombie in this game, because I have seen a lot a games/shows do it differently. If it spreads via bite, I would think it wouldn't be that useful. Although if it was cause via prolonged exposure to the disease or radiation then i wouldn't mind a hazmat suit.

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
you can add hazmat to any one because you never know if some places could have radiation because of a chemical spill of barrels or chemical waste.

What I just said is not from a nuke. Chemical spills are not only from nuclear missile. And plus we don't even use nuclear missiles anymore

TheClassiness

I think it all depends on the infection system. Sure, having a Hazmat suit might be cool, but realistically you wouldn't wear it unless you absolutely needed to. It'd be awkward to move around in, and I assume quite hot inside. If the infection system doesn't feature any kind of rotting and airborne infection then I wouldn't bother.

On the other hand, if the game requires it, I think it'd be cool to see zombies and dead people with hazmat suits on. If you try to use one off of a body, it'd be useless since there would be holes in it. Shooting someone wearing a Hazmat suit would almost ensure their death, since the infection they were trying to keep away from has now punctured their suit.

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
Perhaps sometimes zombies could be wearing them, and the ones on zombies or perhaps even coprses have holes throughout them and need repair, though if you find one somewhere unused it'll be in perfect condition.

CptMugwash

Backer
Perhaps they could add a sanitizing shower with bleach and water, not sure how effective that would be but say you've been wearing the suit and you've been meleeing some zeds and get covered in blood you'll need to wash it off. Personally in my zombie apocalypse, if you get fresh infected blood in an open wound you're a goner, just like a bite or scratch. So you'll want full body cover, even those other suits that leave the face free to add a separate gasmask or a simple medical mask. I'd like to see this game go into this much detail but maybe this is something for further down the line.