• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Headshots only

Thread starter #1

henrikcomn

Backer
I think you should only be able to kill zombies with headshots.
In the gameplay trailers zombies seems to be killed even with shots in the stomach.

Headshots only will make it (of course) even harder to kill a zombie, therefor creating more tension, especially when facing a horde.

Moderator #2

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
I think you should only be able to kill zombies with headshots.
In the gameplay trailers zombies seems to be killed even with shots in the stomach.

Headshots only will make it (of course) even harder to kill a zombie, therefor creating more tension, especially when facing a horde.
What if you you use a sharp weapon and chop their legs / arms off? Would you not be safer, I mean as most zombie films, hitting a zombie in the head whether it be a blunt weapon or a sharp weapon I guess killing the brain would be the way to go. Body shots would just.. knock the zombie back onto the floor/wall?

Thread starter #3

henrikcomn

Backer
What if you you use a sharp weapon and chop their legs / arms off? Would you not be safer, I mean as most zombie films, hitting a zombie in the head whether it be a blunt weapon or a sharp weapon I guess killing the brain would be the way to go. Body shots would just.. knock the zombie back onto the floor/wall?
Of couse it would be awesome if you were able to chop of legs and arms, but I guess that is a pretty tough job for the developers :)

The perfect game would have you be able to cut off limbs, while headshot would be the only way to kill them (Like in the walking dead which I see as the king of the zombie-genre :) )

Moderator #4

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
Of couse it would be awesome if you were able to chop of legs and arms, but I guess that is a pretty tough job for the developers :)

The perfect game would have you be able to cut off limbs, while headshot would be the only way to kill them (Like in the walking dead which I see as the king of the zombie-genre :) )
TWD.. is amazing!

I'd love to actually know how hard it could be to add 'decapitation' into a game, Since Call of Duty: World at War could do it... they've been using the same engine for years! :)