• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Heavy Armor (Jugernaut)

Thread starter #1
Ok so i have been thinking a bit and i was not sure if this was posted or not before but i did search a bit thru and i did not find anything like this. So i was thinking about heavy armor so basicly how i am thinking it should be is that its kinda like jugernaut, you walk a bit slower but you do have alot more armor as well. I am not sure how this would look but maybe just some Metal scraps on top of some normal clothing.

This would be kinda awesome i think the devs should deffenetly think about it ^^ Thats all for me guys (Sorry if this has been posted before did not find anything)

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Would be cool but remember your caloric intake is a large part of the game play! you could easily die of over exertion.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Can I use some cardboard to make a helmet then

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
The most armor I could realistically see, is a SWAT armor, like Glen in The Walking Dead - anything more would be overkill and not practical. My 2¢.
More aesthetic?

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
More aesthetic?
Aesthetic yes, but mostly more practical. You can walk much more easily with a SWAT armor, and it's not as heavy as metal plates screwed or tie-wrapped together you put on your body and carry along.. That being said, what I'd really like to see, is no armor at all... only warm clothing like a coat or lumberjack vest or things like that.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Aesthetic yes, but mostly more practical. You can walk much more easily with a SWAT armor, and it's not as heavy as metal plates screwed or tie-wrapped together you put on your body and carry along.. That being said, what I'd really like to see, is no armor at all... only warm clothing like a coat or lumberjack vest or things like that.
What about a bike helmet? keep zeds from chewing your brains haha.

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
Swat Armor? Like gen in the walking dead? Well here comes my great knowledge of armor. That is Riot gear and Riot gear is designed mainly to protect against blunt force trauma from the front such as thrown objects, someone with a club, etc. As has been pointed out it is heavy, bulky, and restricts movement. Body armor, like any armor, is a compromise between protection vs. mobility. Why would a Small island have riot gear? It'd be a tight community, everyone would know eachother. There for the police department would be small. The Los Angeles Police Department has 9,500 officers with the civilian populace being about 3.5 million people. Imagine what an island with a few thousand people would be? about 10 officers or so. They wouldn't have SWAT or anything like that because lets be real. Everyone would pretty much know eachother. And there wouldn't be riots.

Thread starter #11

Phoniex6512

King
Backer
Swat Armor? Like gen in the walking dead? Well here comes my great knowledge of armor. That is Riot gear and Riot gear is designed mainly to protect against blunt force trauma from the front such as thrown objects, someone with a club, etc. As has been pointed out it is heavy, bulky, and restricts movement. Body armor, like any armor, is a compromise between protection vs. mobility. Why would a Small island have riot gear? It'd be a tight community, everyone would know eachother. There for the police department would be small. The Los Angeles Police Department has 9,500 officers with the civilian populace being about 3.5 million people. Imagine what an island with a few thousand people would be? about 10 officers or so. They wouldn't have SWAT or anything like that because lets be real. Everyone would pretty much know eachother. And there wouldn't be riots.
I agree that its not possible to find any Riot Gear at a small Island. But i am talking about gear that you can craft your self by finding metal scraps

Cheers :D

Thread starter #14

Phoniex6512

King
Backer
u wouldnt walk around an apocalyptic forest inn a suit of armour thats just stupid
I disagree as i think you should be able to have some kind of protection you gotta remember you're not alone out there and you gotta have some
protection.

Cheers :D

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer

NovaSniper

Backer
Please explain why you think its 'very logical'.

Again, elaborate if you are arguing, it makes your posts look a lot less stupid!
Why isnt it? It is protective, wont break too easily and is relatively easy to make

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
Why isnt it? It is protective, wont break too easily and is relatively easy to make
If we are on the original topic of this thread, which is pre-made military juggernaut armor, then let me enlighten you on a few things.

1. It weighs quite a bit
2. Its size and material trap heat and can cause you to overheat greatly
3. It limits mobility and can eventually be torn through if you get taken down because it limits your ability to run away.
4. If you even considered trying to make military grade armor, you would need resources that are limited and challenging to acquire.

NovaSniper

Backer
If we are on the original topic of this thread, which is pre-made military juggernaut armor, then let me enlighten you on a few things.

1. It weighs quite a bit
2. Its size and material trap heat and can cause you to overheat greatly
3. It limits mobility and can eventually be torn through if you get taken down because it limits your ability to run away.
4. If you even considered trying to make military grade armor, you would need resources that are limited and challenging to acquire.
nobody said anything about military he said makehift

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
I was simply wrapping up loose ends with his suggestion, it doesn't matter if I use others ideas. I was not claiming to make an original suggestion.