• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Heavy Armor (Jugernaut)

Lokies

"Only The Strong Will Survive"
Aesthetic yes, but mostly more practical. You can walk much more easily with a SWAT armor, and it's not as heavy as metal plates screwed or tie-wrapped together you put on your body and carry along.. That being said, what I'd really like to see, is no armor at all... only warm clothing like a coat or lumberjack vest or things like that.
A game with no armor? Now thats not realistic

Doublebow

Lone Wanderer
Backer
I could see something like one of those police dog trainers suits, that could be useful but you wouldn't be able to move very far.

UndeadSwat

Backer
I don't think juggernaut armor would be realistic in a setting like this but no armor? i don't know about that being too realistic either, even if it's a small population, it will obviously have Kevlar or some police type of armor, swat armor? maybe but highly unlikely, but materials to make something similar to Kevlar i'd think would be pretty realistic. I mean if weapons are to exist then why isn't basic police armor available or at least the materials to make something similar

Nachtheuler

Zombified Soldier
Backer
I live in a city in germany, and even i do have all kinds of Armor at home.
Its not unrealistic, there is always someone who isnt like the others, even if its just for the sake of collecting.

Hauger

Community Mod
Backer
I would be fine with police/riot armor. But is there was no military activity on the island, nor during the outbreak, I don't see why there should be any military armor there.

Hurricane

A Shadow in the Dark
Backer
I would be fine with police/riot armor. But is there was no military activity on the island, nor during the outbreak, I don't see why there should be any military armor there.
But then it's probably very rare, because we're in a rural area on the Island. No big cities so no highly geared policeforce with heavy weapons and stuff. I like to imagine the police and crimerate be similar to Iceland. The crimerate is that small, the police doesn't even carry any weapons.
The most heavy thing the German Police has is the MP5 and normal Bulletproof vests. This is normal for smaller towns and the countryside. I think there they have the stuff just locked in some locker, without seeing the light in years. :D
What I want to say is that most polices in rural areas around the world only have limited gear, because they don't need it. In most places around the world the population isn't armed like a militia army.

I live in a city in germany, and even i do have all kinds of Armor at home.
Its not unrealistic, there is always someone who isnt like the others, even if its just for the sake of collecting.
what do you exactly have at home? Imo modern ballistic armor doesn't provide that much variety. There are the ballistic vests wich range from level one for knives to level 4, which is standard issue for the military. It's very rare that I have seen police use Level 4 ballistic plates in Germany. The only places I can think of are Munich and Berlin. Then there is the Police Riot Gear, which only provides bulletprotection in the torso area and the rest is more to protect against blunt damage, like throwing rocks. Maybe knives too. And the highest level are the suits for EOD teams. The police has units for that, but I think there wouldn't be a unit stationed on the island. And of course there are ballistical helmets. Again mostly used by the military, rarely by the police.
Is there any modern form of armor that I have forgotten?

Nachtheuler

Zombified Soldier
Backer
I have Armor ranging from a standard issue "Splitterschutzweste" (The ones we use in the german military) Over Police Riot Gear (Arm Guards, Chest armor, Helmets, Shields and so on) Up to the pricy shit, such as an full EOD Suit from the american military.
Pretty pricy but i love it.

In between there is small stuff such as kevlar vests for Bodyguards, Kneeguards, Steel plated Shoes and such.

Dragoleaf

Lone Wanderer
I agree that its not possible to find any Riot Gear at a small Island. But i am talking about gear that you can craft your self by finding metal scraps

Cheers :D
Don't Forget about the Prison! There would be Riot Gear there.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
We've got police stations marked on the map at Union point and Addersfield, who knows what we might find there.
If the game mechanics would allow us to use it, what might that do?
I don't even know if 'clothing' offers any environmental or physical protection in the game.