• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Helicopter Crashes

Thread starter #1

Kevsta545

Backer
Hello!

One of my favorite parts of the DayZ Modification, was the helicopter crash scenarios. They added a certain dynamic and sense of fear/excitement at the possibility of high-end loot and bandits nearby.

I think Survive The Nights could greatly benefit from having randomly generated crash sequences like this, adding another interesting aspect to the gameplay. Offering a risk/reward option to the players who spot this event.

Thanks for reading!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Although these have been suggested among other threads I don't think there is a dedicated one for it...

I don't see any problem with these as-long as;
They come in different variations... news chopper,police chopper, civilian/v.i.p and the rarest of all would be military with no military gear to be retrieved... besides the no military quality gear theme they are trying to aim for (didn't mean that pun) I am not sure how much "loot" would be salvageable/found at a crash site apart from some parts from the helicopter, I know there will be no flyable vehicles (maybe after release and other countries) but do think that there are things to be used on other equipment, traps, appliances, vehicles etc...

And much like some other ideas these would be most likely found within the first days/weeks of the outbreak maybe 1-3 within a week or so then become an even rarer find after that...

So +1 but only if... but that's just me :)

kpmh2001

Standard Bearer for Failure
Backer
Mabye you could find some of the rarer civilian weapons in a crashed news chopper as the richest of the american citizens stole a chopper and then crashed it into the dirt because they cant fly, idiots.

But what i really like is the idea of a really expensive electrically powered trap that spins the helicopters main rotor in the middle of a big open space, luring in zombies with the noise and then cutting them up.

Davz Not Here

Backer
If I am correct from what I remember they do not take anything into condsideration if you take things from other games and make them ideas on this forum.
that would be incorrect.

@Num47
the only dedicated thread (i can find so far) were spin offs from the 'disasters / dynamic events' thread(s).

the dedicated thread was 'airplane crashes' which also included boat crashes and ghost ships
i think a helicopter crash falls in with airplanes crashing

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
If I am correct from what I remember they do not take anything into condsideration if you take things from other games and make them ideas on this forum.
Just because another title has something does not meant it doesn't work in others... shall they just scrap the whole zombie idea because there are tons of zombies in other titles already?

Dynamic ambient world missions is definitely nothing new, nearly every open world title has them (would get boring without them)... it's how and why it's done... instead of just plonking a smoking heli in a field, the wreckage's may be dangerous to approach because of leaking fuel or the pilot and passengers are now zeds, trapped and waiting to eat or alert other zeds.... more can be done than what first comes to mind.

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
Just because another title has something does not meant it doesn't work in others... shall they just scrap the whole zombie idea because there are tons of zombies in other titles already?

Dynamic ambient world missions is definitely nothing new, nearly every open world title has them (would get boring without them)... it's how and why it's done... instead of just plonking a smoking heli in a field, the wreckage's may be dangerous to approach because of leaking fuel or the pilot and passengers are now zeds, trapped and waiting to eat or alert other zeds.... more can be done than what first comes to mind.

The whole scrapping zombies idea that you brought up doesn't make any sense.

But besides from that, You may have not of been here when they said. We do not take any suggestions if you take them from other games. They said that when they first made the website

Davz Not Here

Backer

But besides from that, You may have not of been here when they said. We do not take any suggestions if you take them from other games. They said that when they first made the website
iv'e never heard of this but you've been around longer. that being said, i'm not sure how many dozens if not hundreds of times, that other games have been referenced, as an example of what, to do/ or not do, for mechs. and dynamics in STN

I also think you can't make a game otherwise. Running, walking, looting, fighting mobs. These have been in games since forever. In fact the majority of any game has 'already been done'.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer

True, I may not have but my point still stands as it is... Straight up "ripping" an idea is a "no, no" for anyone but the fundamentals of many ideas are in a lot of titles... i.e finding the wreckage of a downed aircraft is nothing new before dayz just they done it different just as I am sure a2z would do theirs differently... example: being able to turn the crashed plane into a safe-house.