• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Helicopters/Choppers/Parasailing/Gliding/Other Air Vehicles

Which should be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

[TGE]Gloriousdixon

Backer
so i saw that the devs talked about having no air transportation but if you think about it there should always be a way to move by air be it helicopters or small airplanes that would be very hard to maintain and keep running but something such as a hanglider has no engine and could be built out of old items such as some metal piping some metal wire and like 20 old T-Shirts

Improvised hanglider
23 T-Shirts
10 Feet of Metal wire or twine
20 feet of PVC pipe or metal pipe

this would have to have a major debuf though something like taking up your backpack slot becuase in real life there are hangliders that can pack up into backpacks. Depending on the piping you use it could become more sturdy such as if you use metal pipe over PVC you can go faster on the hang glider but in a rainstorm it could Rust making the pipe weaker than PVC. Or if you decfide to use Twine over metal wire you can find twine easier and its lighter making it possible to ride on an updraft but if the hangglider is not propperly maintained the Twine could snap midflight sending you plummeting towards the ground.

Thread starter #3

[TGE]Gloriousdixon

Backer
I mean it wouldnt seem practical until you really think about it maybe they would make it possible to use a handgun from the hanglider because in the case of a rifle you would probably have to use both hands on the rifle making the hanglider flip. Maybe you can throw hand greanades at oncoming hordes of zombies or moltov cocktails.

If you wanted to be "that guy" you could fly around with a back pack full of jacks and nails and drop them infront of oncoming cars to pop their tires

Kootrasman

Cat King
Backer
It could work, But they would be a pretty much one time use thing. I mean you would need a BIG hill to launch it off of and once you land it's going to be heavy and awkward to maneuver with, so you would most likely have to leave it there, unless you land on a rooftop, or deal with all of the nearby threats but then it would still be hard to take off with again seeing as you would have a REALLY hard time getting it upstairs onto a rooftop or walking a half mile to a hill with it. and the whole folding into a backpack thing I don't think is practical. But it would be neat to find/build one.

HollowMobster

Raptor Jesus
Backer
A scrap helicopter built out of metal bars and metal planks found at a factory that you shape to fit the components of this heli. Components: A fuel barrel as its fuel supply, an engine from a lawn mower or a car, and car battery, a large rotor and a small rotor found from an airfield, and lastly a small storage chest below the main body right in between the metal landing skids. And you have to pull out the chest every time you want to access it. Pictures for reference (Some of you may know exactly where this is from)

Below is the same principle but with a truck cabin and 2 seats just behind the truck cabin, the 2 seats have a very small cubby of their own and they are back to back. So in total, 4 people can sit in this thing. Instead of metal landing skids this uses 6 barrels as landing skids.

Again, these are just suggestions.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Been suggested more times than I can count... and I know some big numbers, like 13...

I don't think air transport is planned but it could be left open to modders if the devs don't add it... after seeing more of the island and geographical areas it wouldn't feel right imo...

*looking into my crystal(meth) ball/pipe*
Now maybe if more Islands are reachable in the future, larger air and sea transport would feel right.
:D

FlickMyVic

Flick me??? NO! FLICK YOU!!!!
Backer
I think the scrap heli is a cool idea. my only problem is, focusing on the realism aspect of the game, not everyone is going to know how to fly. Me being a random dude, can't just build a helicopter and fly it right off the bat. These skills take practice. I think it should be something you have to learn somehow, and practice to get better. Would bring something more to the game I think. This skill would be really sought after too making a pilot a valuable asset to a group.

iEUAN

if you find a helicopter in bits or in working condition you can fly it, i know it will attract the zombies. but it is useful to move a lot of people to other areas. if you have different helicopters you can take supplies with you so if you are helping someone to make a base you need wood so you can just load up your helicopter and take it to him/her.

planes are hard to control you need a lot of fuel. but having one will make you a strong person so if you get over run by zombies or players, turn on the engines it will attract the zombies because the engines are loud as hell. but you can just take all of your supplies with you and drop them out the back or land at a new place and get set up.

paragliding is quite but if you live on a mountain and your base is over-run by zombies and player put a para-glider on and jump off the mountain and the same with the para-sail but the para-sail can be used on planes and helicopters.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Hate too be the party pooper, but I think Air Vehicles are not planned...

More because average Joe don't know how to fly :(

MANE_GAME

Irrelevant YouTuber
Backer
Hate too be the party pooper, but I think Air Vehicles are not planned...

More because average Joe don't know how to fly :(
I agree. I've never understood the concept of air transport in these games as not everyone could just hop in and fly off into the sunset. Sticking to ground and water transportation makes more sense.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
I agree. I've never understood the concept of air transport in these games as not everyone could just hop in and fly off into the sunset. Sticking to ground and water transportation makes more sense.
Don't get me wrong... I would advocate this, but on the terms of having a pilot skill before the outbreak...
But I also don't think there would be much "demand" with players picking this skill over more useful one's... but hey, someone may always make a mod :D

WingBroStudios

Fellow Game Designer
Backer
Don't get me wrong... I would advocate this, but on the terms of having a pilot skill before the outbreak...
But I also don't think there would be much "demand" with players picking this skill over more useful one's... but hey, someone may always make a mod :D
That is, if the game will be moddable....

Status
Not open for further replies.