• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Helpfull tip's to game

Thread starter #1

RaakaKarju

Backer
I start this thread just for giving and asking for some helpfull tip's for game, those comment this is not ready or any other trolling post's you can put elsewhere.
I hope every body understand some have more time to play at start so if that is too much to ask give some hint's how some other can enjoy playing STN even it's prealpha.

My question is how i can unequip something like that light what you have at start, no point to crank that when you need to hit zed whith your fist, you dead if you need to go inventory and drop it before you can hit that zed.

Thread starter #4

RaakaKarju

Backer
One question is there button where you can open map so you know your location, and tell it for friend so can loot together.

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
My tip would be to never fight a zombie unless you find an axe/other weapon. I have been unable to equip things, but maybe you can. However fistfight = death for me for 4 of 5 fights.

Also I was in a building and the door was closed. 5 mins later a zombie just opened it and walked right in haha. Don't know if that's a bug but apparently they've figured out doorknobs so beware!

Does anyone know how to tell what time of day a server is in before joining?? Most of my spawns, I've been in the pitch black and navigating the woods at night is just asking for it!

Thread starter #6

RaakaKarju

Backer
Now i have kill 3 zeds for fist becouse i dont have find anything to use as weapon.
Most night just sitting in bushes and wait.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
One question is there button where you can open map so you know your location, and tell it for friend so can loot together.
I don't think there's an in game map yet. I run up this one to try and help: https://www.survivethenights.net/map

Now i have kill 3 zeds for fist becouse i dont have find anything to use as weapon.
I do the same, and stay clear of roads, the zombies seem to spawn on those quite a lot. If I'm holed up in a building, I tend to move out of it just before first light, as that's when zombies come in to buildings to hide.

My best looting was in Old Town (accidentally stumbled across it), found enough food there to make my daily calorie intake.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Get on high ground if you can't fight of the zeds, then run if/when you have the chance.

In the towns a dumpster is enough to keep them at bay for now, out in the wild a nice rock can do the same.
;)

Thread starter #10

RaakaKarju

Backer
Hope that loots get better on next build, i run 2 days and find 1 empty building.
Only thing what i have collected is fire wood and water, it's pretty simple to collect wood just keep pressing E when pointed to tree on the ground.

Hope that loots get better on next build, i run 2 days and find 1 empty building.
Only thing what i have collected is fire wood and water, it's pretty simple to collect wood just keep pressing E when pointed to tree on the ground.
Open this Map and put it on the sec. Monitor. If you dont have one Print it out?

Walk on the Streets if its day light and watch for place names on streetcrossings

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
And when youre loading into a server, if it says "Loading..." In the bottom right for more that a minute, go ahead and restart the game and try again. It should say "Connection Established" and begin actually loading, and wont take very long. Im sure itll get fixed soon but it is a workaround worth knowing :p

Thread starter #13

RaakaKarju

Backer
And when youre loading into a server, if it says "Loading..." In the bottom right for more that a minute, go ahead and restart the game and try again. It should say "Connection Established" and begin actually loading, and wont take very long. Im sure itll get fixed soon but it is a workaround worth knowing :p
That i notice too, and same when you log out in bed twice stays in that loading screen.

Mr.J

I cannot seem to stay in a server for more than 20mins before I loose connection. Anyone have this as well, or have a suggestion?

Rollster

Backer
The longest i have been able to stay on has been about 1 hour. It is spotty but i am able to re-connect.

Phil_Arrow

Backer
if being chased by zeds as you will many times of a night time find a rock that is higher than most double jump and get on top you'll be find till day time then cheese it, also if you are having issues finding loot enter a house find the bedroom safely log off then reconnect to the server the loot should work now. if you do fist fight a zed when its knocked to the ground punch it around the bum area rather than the head seems to register better.

Jumping on top of Trucks, wood pallets, Rocks, Dumpsters, or making a circle of berry bundles around yourself is a helpful method of staying out of the long reach of the zeds :)

KanJu_88

Backer
Kyllä tästä vielä hyvä peli saadaan.. Itsekin koittanut asetta mettästää, mutta parhaimmaksi lootiksi jäänyt iso taskulamppu ilman patteria.
Milläs serverillä #RaakaKarju pelaa?

Mirfster

Backer
FWIW, if you are like me and rebind keys; you should always hold [ALT] when launching then select play from there. This way it maintains all the keybindings you set previously.