• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Heros/Bandits

Thread starter #1

dannysoutham

It was just...banter
I just wanted to know your guys opinions on the appearance of bandits and heros, like in Dayz maybe Humanity system or something where if you reach a high/low enough humanity your skin changes. You could then get your humanity back up by helping players like killing zombies ect. But if you did go down the route of a bandit you can still change clothes to disguise yourself to the unsuspecting player.

Last edited:

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
My opinion, a humanity system like dayz is a bad idea as it will give bragging rights to bandits who have killed people. They can basically have a competition with their mates to have the lowest humanity, same goes foe "heroes" too. Heroes would be a lot better to have but I think it's not needed, the mentality feature of the game already takes care of the bandits :)

Tally Ho!

brianennis1

Backer
Hi guys any more on this issue player vs player, if the humanity system is potentially a bad idea. then how could you keep player death to a minimum. personally i would like to try and survive in the game as long as possible make it a enjoyable experience with some friends. maybe the character could have a trait that is useful like a medic to help heal wounded, or a Carpenter helping to fortify a base better. ect maybe this as already been talked about haven't read all the topics but if anyone has more feedback on the topic that would be much appreciated thank you.

Regards
BRIAN

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Like BabyBlackHole and Jeffernaut said Goose described it pretty well, if you have a rank that is obtained on either side of the spectrum then it's just bragging rights. So bandits act like bandits even more to keep their title and skin and heros once obtaining the skin and title will go out of their way not to help people to keep what they obtained.

People are going to keep using the same terms labeling people as bandit's and hero's or otherwise so I would like to discuss what they should be called in game to set STN apart. I propose calling unfriendly bandit type players Pirates and friendly hero type players could be called Corsair's(which are bascially legal pirate's). Come on every one loves pirates, and Pirates are just water going bandit's.

Davz Not Here

Backer
i think the best way to do this is called a 'reputation system' ..... like the one in real life

the devs will do what they do ..... but i think .....

you will be judged based on your actions in game ..... just like in real life ..... the rewards and consequences are not set in stone, always clear and concise, or listed on a quaint little bar over your characters picture

sometimes they are muddy, only showing clarity after the fact.

Word of mouth on forums (maybe with-in clan forums if we see those here someday), inside in-game chat (which is proximity based), and voice chats like TS should be the way of this .....

no coding, no algorithms, no processes ..... just good, old-fashioned, honor, no honor, and all the rest who fill in the mass of grey between ..... based solely on how you behave and what others think of that

Jeffernaut

Backer
i think the best way to do this is called a 'reputation system' ..... like the one in real life

the devs will do what they do ..... but i think .....

you will be judged based on your actions in game ..... just like in real life ..... the rewards and consequences are not set in stone, always clear and concise, or listed on a quaint little bar over your characters picture

sometimes they are muddy, only showing clarity after the fact.

Word of mouth on forums (maybe with-in clan forums if we see those here someday), inside in-game chat (which is proximity based), and voice chats like TS should be the way of this .....

no coding, no algorithms, no processes ..... just good, old-fashioned, honor, no honor, and all the rest who fill in the mass of grey between ..... based solely on how you behave and what others think of that

upload_2015-2-7_12-23-16.jpeg

olav hyldmo

Backer
Someone else suggested that players with low mental health should look a little bit more crazy. like in dayz where you get spasms and uncontrolable laughing when you eat human meat. i guess that would point out to other players wether that person is a bandit or not.

Davz Not Here

Backer
Someone else suggested that players with low mental health should look a little bit more crazy. like in dayz where you get spasms and uncontrolable laughing when you eat human meat. i guess that would point out to other players wether that person is a bandit or not.
this idea has popped up a few times in varying threads ..... i like it

Castillo

Survivor
Backer
I really don't think something like this would be necessary. I'm sure you already know that there's going to be a mental health implementation along with many others that you've already seen ingame. I don't think humanity would be something worth going for considering the fact there's not really a "benefit" from it.