• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Hidden Storage

Let's hide things out!

• Yes o/

• No =(

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread starter #1

freshmaker

Backer
On a zombie apocalipse it will be rare to have safes and fancy storage stuff and I would probably hide things out. I think we should add a hide system on the game, maybe a way of hidding things under the floor with or without a mat over it, open a hole in the wall and hanging a painting, digging a hole beside a tree, hide things inside the mattress.... What do you think guys?

Attachments

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Great idea. A nest egg. Classic one is hiding items of value in a hollow tree stump that's been done in real life since ancient times. Hide ammo in a hole haha. A bug out stash. Like that.

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Cool idea, been mentioned before in a few various ways like a hidden stash in the wilderness, in structures i.e movable planks or building perk like a safe behind a picture, bug-out bag etc... all the ideas so far for this I think are good.
+1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
-- taken from another thread i created pays to scroll down first.

This is awesome just got the idea from one of the recommended videos following on from magnetic locks installation.

Most people are aware that building bases wont be happening in STN, but what about modifying existing structures like panels to create hidden compartments for the stashing of valuable items? Say your base gets broken into, all your stuffs grabbed but what about whats stashed away hidden that only you know about? I know stashing stuff in logs and what not has been covered this is a bit different this is creating a loot hidey hole in your base. Its not exactly base building rather altering an existing part of the structure. In reality this would be entirely possible even for one person with some effort and the right tools. A disguised loot hiding spot in your base. Also brings to mind false walls and safes hidden behind paintings. I like hidden compartments the best. Paintings are too obvious everyone knows that old trick lol.

Farout just noticed he uses magnetically attachable handles. That's crazy. What a great idea. No one would have a clue there's anything there. lol to balance in game A2Z would have to add something like an electronic stud finder so players if they really want to spend the time could do a double over in a base they broke into scanning around to try and locate hidden stashs. Stud finders have been around since before the year 2000 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stud_finder#History

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
So we're looking at something that's craftable? For me that has to be something that is placed in the world, otherwise it will bee too much coding if we're going to hide it underground.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
So we're looking at something that's craftable? For me that has to be something that is placed in the world, otherwise it will bee too much coding if we're going to hide it underground.
Like in a bunker lol?

I dunno depends on the skill of those doing the code side of the game. There's alot of bright young minds around if they took in more interns who knows.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Just an extra box or locker you could craft and place would be good.

I think rather than base building, ei adding a walls, doors, windows, and/or a pre-existing space to do so... I feel like the aspect of base building can be captured more realistically (for the devs) if materials like sheet metal, cabinets, posts, barbed wire, and planks can be placed around a base to add more... SO! EXAMPLE TIME! A player can stack up cabinets (or some sort of buildable thing) to make make-shift stairs to a roof where one can place planks or sheet metal as flooring to add another layer (and with this the respectable build height and consideration of the surroundings- trees and what not); or even... an outside hut as seen around the world with the sheet metal as roofing and a bed underneath. Could this be built somewhere else by a player?
I may just be fantasizing (lol) about wants in a game but I feel like this would a great option for the game sometime after initial release.
Thank you!!