• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Homemade solar panels or wind turbines?

Thread starter #1

truklyssa

Backer
I'm curious if anyone else think this idea would work? Solar panels and small wind turbines wouldn't be able to power an entire safe house but they could be used to recharge smaller things such as batteries, or if you build enough of them you could potentially charge a few items in your safe house to remove your generator throughout the night. I'd assume the components would be uncommon/hard to find to balance them out, and the more you have the more people would try to dis-mantle them to steal for themselves. What do you guys think? (If this has already been suggested or is planned i couldn't find it anywhere, sorry!)

Castillo

Survivor
Backer
There's already a thread up about solar panels and it's been bought up in another topic, but it's fine lol. Wind turbines were also bought up in the Powerhub suggestion. Seems that we have quite a few people supporting the idea! :p

Moderator #3

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
As there is no thread dedicated to the object. this thread shall remain open. :)

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
If you have enough battery capacity and panels then you can defiantly have enough energy to power a home :)

Thread starter #5

truklyssa

Backer
If you have enough battery capacity and panels then you can defiantly have enough energy to power a home :)
I was going to suggest being able to refurbish car batteries or some other sort to hold energy for your home but i dont know how many people would have liked that idea ^^.

ChristianDpanKK

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?
Backer
You know solar power is actually not rare to find at all. Alot of contruction sites use it to power small things like warning signs. Ive also seen Light posts with solar panels stuck to them and once I even went to a place that had a huge set of parking lots where the roofs were compleatly made out of solar panels. It would be funny if they added that type of energy in the game and a bandit looted me and all I had were two dozen solar cell calculators on my backpack. :p