• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Horde Events

Thread starter #1

Zerloth

Backer
example would be a red moon is out at night and that means double or triple the number of zombies..

Applejaxc

Backer
I... don't know. That sounds a little silly. I think that it would be cool if the amount of zombies can flow and ebb dynamically, partially from random events and partially from how much attention the player tries to attract, but things like "Oh the special moon is out" reminds me too much of CoD WaW zombies or "Magical" zombies rather than scientific ones.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
example would be a red moon is out at night and that means double or triple the number of zombies..
Won't that make it a bit "Arcadey" don't you think? I mean sounds like a fun challenge but I think I prefer this game to have a more "Realistic" feel to it.

PriVate JOE(DK!)

Backer
Maybe it could be something lika a big ship just grounded on one of the islands and therefore the number of spawned zombies in the area greatly rises(coming from the ship) instead of a blood moon, that would also be realistik since ships with a zombified crew/passengers wouldnt just disappear, but would drift around til it hit something.

Applejaxc

Backer
Maybe it could be something lika a big ship just grounded on one of the islands and therefore the number of spawned zombies in the area greatly rises(coming from the ship) instead of a blood moon, that would also be realistik since ships with a zombified crew/passengers wouldnt just disappear, but would drift around til it hit something.
Or an airplane wrecks and out of 300 passengers, 50-100 survive as zombies (mostly crawlers?), but all the bodies, the explosion, and the burning wreckage attracts other zombies to the area. Might be good if it crashes somewhere remote, might be living hell if it lands in the city you were planning to loot! I like your direction with the idea a lot more.

Hasnovsky

Human (yet)
Backer
Commercial flights while a zombie apocalypse? Better military flight (Like C-130) with soldier zombies (harder to kill them), broken weapon loot and the possibility of spawn a broken HMMWV (vehicle/engine pieces respawn).

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
yeah it would be kinda arcadey, why would it change the moon????

Smittyry17

Backer
I... don't know. That sounds a little silly. I think that it would be cool if the amount of zombies can flow and ebb dynamically, partially from random events and partially from how much attention the player tries to attract, but things like "Oh the special moon is out" reminds me too much of CoD WaW zombies or "Magical" zombies rather than scientific ones.
I would like that maybe only so many zombies spawn in a time, so if one player is killing a lot of zeds I would see less because they have been killed.

Applejaxc

Backer
I would like that maybe only so many zombies spawn in a time, so if one player is killing a lot of zeds I would see less because they have been killed.
I like that idea as well, simply because in games like Minecraft or 7D2D, there's no benefit to killing mobs (unless they're attacking you). While sneaking around when you don't have the supplies to deal with your problem is essential, it sucks that no matter how much ammo you find, there will always be X number of zombies present because more respawn instantly (or very soon after a kill).

Now, say, you're clearing out a large building with a loud gun, and by the time you leave, more zombies from another part of the map nearby that were already spawned in decide to come check out the noise, that's great. It's emergent gameplay and what I want out of a zombie game, not you slowly and silently eliminate every target for 2 hours, only to return to the bottom floor and find everything respawned.

BOOMstyx

Backer
yeah it would be kinda arcadey, why would it change the moon????
could be that they become more agitated/active/aggressive with a certain phase of the moon. it would be the moon changing them, not the other way around. fish for example can become less or more active depending on what the moon is up to (i like nightfishing a lot).

Smittyry17

Backer
I like that idea as well, simply because in games like Minecraft or 7D2D, there's no benefit to killing mobs (unless they're attacking you). While sneaking around when you don't have the supplies to deal with your problem is essential, it sucks that no matter how much ammo you find, there will always be X number of zombies present because more respawn instantly (or very soon after a kill).

Now, say, you're clearing out a large building with a loud gun, and by the time you leave, more zombies from another part of the map nearby that were already spawned in decide to come check out the noise, that's great. It's emergent gameplay and what I want out of a zombie game, not you slowly and silently eliminate every target for 2 hours, only to return to the bottom floor and find everything respawned.
This is exactly what I meant. thank you. It would be cool if a group actively hunted them it would make it safer for others.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Well from what the videos shown the zombies already walk around at night as a horde so.......

Applejaxc

Backer
Well from what the videos shown the zombies already walk around at night as a horde so.......
But we don't know if that horde spawns as a horde, or if that's the natural result of zombies already in-game coming out of hiding in the shadows of buildings and forests.

Smittyry17

Backer
But we don't know if that horde spawns as a horde, or if that's the natural result of zombies already in-game coming out of hiding in the shadows of buildings and forests.
On the kickstarter site I asked what would happen as they said they all start to congregate and move as a horde as it gets darker. So I would assume if there are less zombies the hoards would be smaller. At least that's what I hope. I am sure some more would be spawned but I like the idea of a group killing a lot during the day to protect others.

BOOMstyx

Backer
On the kickstarter site I asked what would happen as they said they all start to congregate and move as a horde as it gets darker. So I would assume if there are less zombies the hoards would be smaller. At least that's what I hope. I am sure some more would be spawned but I like the idea of a group killing a lot during the day to protect others.
would be kind of cool. kill all the zeds in the immediate area that should at least mean that horde would be coming from further away and then get to your base later that night/maybe less of them. Just the extra time right after nightfall could help some survivors finish things up before having to go into defend mode.

I think this would be a brilliant idea encouraging teamwork as ammo and weapons are already scarce. So say someone comes running up to your compound asking for shelter, you can giveor deny them access depending on what they offer as far as fortifications. I realllllllllly dig this idea.